[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Where is ka9q doc?

todd@janus.Quotron.com (Todd Booth) (11/21/90)

I found some ka9q documentation on thumper.bellcore.com and it
was dated 11/08/90.  It did not include information on programming,
nntp or mbox commands.  Does anyone know where to find this information?

thanks, --tod

todd@quotron.com

jrc@com50.c2s.mn.org (Jeff Comstock) (11/22/90)

In article <657@janus.Quotron.com> todd@janus.Quotron.com (Todd Booth) writes:
>I found some ka9q documentation on thumper.bellcore.com and it
>was dated 11/08/90.  It did not include information on programming,
>nntp or mbox commands.  Does anyone know where to find this information?

Here is one way ( not too fun though ):

Ftp to ucsd.edu, and snatch the archive of the tcp-group.  It is probably
in /pub/mailarchives/tcp-group.  It is ALOT of files, and at least 4 meg
of data.  The mailbox came out in January of 1990, and Anders went over
things pretty well.  If you need docs on the nntp server, it is in the
archive nn901027.zip in /pub/ka9q/incoming on thumper.bellcore.com.  I
don't know about  the standard nntp client.

The usual way to figure out how things work is to look through the source
code.  It is not as bad as you think.....

As far as programming,  the file smisc.c is an excellent starting point
to see how a simple server/client is written.

Jeff NR0D