[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Problems with FTP PC/TCP for OS/2

mitsu@well.sf.ca.us (Mitsuharu Hadeishi) (12/11/90)

	We are having several problems with PC/TCP for OS/2,
and we were wondering if there was an update to the version we
have (version 1.0, purchased about one month ago.)

	1) rcp will not allow you to specify a drive letter
as a parameter to a file path if the host is an OS/2 host.
We've tried rcp os2:d\:filename and every other possibility;
rcp thinks "d" is a host name (or "d\").  This is rather inconvenient.

	2) Whenever any PC/TCP tool under OS/2 tries to access
a file on a Novell network drive, it gets the error "not a plain
file."  Thus, if you try to ftp a file from a network drive, you get
the error "not a plain file".  The only way to copy a binary file
from a network drive to unix is to copy it to a local drive first,
then copy it to the unix machine.  This is REALLY inconvenient.
It is possible to rcp TO a Novell network drive, just not FROM.
(Same with ftp, etc.)  Please tell me there is a fix to this problem.

	Mitsu Hadeishi
	Open Mind
	mitsu@well.sf.ca.us
	apple!well!mitsu

backman@vaxeline.COM (Larry Backman) (12/11/90)

In article <22107@well.sf.ca.us> mitsu@well.sf.ca.us (Mitsuharu Hadeishi) writes:

>	We are having several problems with PC/TCP for OS/2,
>and we were wondering if there was an update to the version we
>have (version 1.0, purchased about one month ago.)

In the future, please contact us at either info@ftp.com or 1-617-246-0900.
That is the best way to get a quick response.

There will be an upgrade to V1.0 sometime this winter.  It will address
both of the bugs that you detailed as well as adding significiant
new functionality.

					Larry Backman
					backman@ftp.com