[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC router

C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Eric Edwards) (09/04/90)

Can someone point me to the ftp site that has pcrouter?  I forgot to write
it down and I now I have need of it.

Eric Edwards: c506634 @    "The 3090.  Proof that by applying state of the
Inet: umcvmb.missouri.edu   art technology to an obsolete architecture,
Bitnet: umcvmb.bitnet       one can achieve mediocre performance."

ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (09/05/90)

In article <900903.221744.CDT.C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU> C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Eric Edwards) writes:
>Can someone point me to the ftp site that has pcrouter?  I forgot to write
>it down and I now I have need of it.

I got my copy from uunet.uu.net (192.48.96.2) in as:

	~ftp/networking/pcroute2.0.tar.Z
	~ftp/networking/pcroute2.0.src.tar.Z
	~ftp/networking/pcbridge1.0.tar.Z

Enjoy...

--

	ken seefried iii		ken@dali.gatech.edu

	"Vee haf veyz off making you talk...release da veasles..."

emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti) (09/07/90)

In article <13344@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) writes:

   In article <900903.221744.CDT.C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU> C506634@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Eric Edwards) writes:
   >Can someone point me to the ftp site that has pcrouter?  I forgot to write
   >it down and I now I have need of it.

   I got my copy from uunet.uu.net (192.48.96.2) in as:

	   ~ftp/networking/pcroute2.0.tar.Z
	   ~ftp/networking/pcroute2.0.src.tar.Z
	   ~ftp/networking/pcbridge1.0.tar.Z

pcroute live on accuvax.  current version is v2.1.  here is the
release announcement as it appeared here a few months ago.  --Ed

From: morrison@thucydides.cs.uiuc.edu (Vance Morrison)
Newsgroups: comp.archives
Subject: [tcp-ip...] PCroute 2.1 release out
Date: 14 Jun 90 04:23:46 GMT

Archive-name: pcroute/v2.1
Archive-site: accuvax.nwu.edu [129.105.49.1]
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

Hello,

PCroute2.1 is now available via anonymous FTP from accvuax.nwu.edu
(129.105.49.1).   This version is not too different from version 2.0.
The only differences are

        1) a BUG fix for the slip code.  If you are running SLIP,
           you should get the update.  The bug causes PCroute to hang
           under high load.  The main reason for this this release is
           to get this bug fix out.

        2) Slight changes to the WD8003e driver that should allow
           the router to work with some of the more recient western
           digital cards (WD8013EBT and the WD8003EBT).   I have
           no way of testing if these cards will work (since I
           don't have them).  I also have not written the changes
           into the documentation.  If however, you do have one of
           these cards and would like to beta-test this aspect of
           the code, please contact me.

If all goes well, a 'real' release will happen soon,  which should
feature (slow) packet driver support and true support for the expanded
buffer and 16 bit cards.  This release is really only to get the SLIP
bug fix out.

Vance

..

>> used 0.18 cpu seconds

NGWL@NUSDISCS.BITNET (12/28/90)

Dear fellow netlanders,

        We are thinking of using an IBM PC (running either MS-DOS 3.3 or 4.01)
to act as a router between two segments of our departmental network. Any
recommendations and where can I get them? Any helpful information eg.
requirements, pros and cons are greatly welcomed. I'll summarize if enough
interest. Thank you very much!

WeiLin Ng
Analyst Programmer
Department of Information Systems and Computer Science
National University of Singapore