[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA telnet <--> 3C523 Ethernet card

CCYILAN@TECHNION.BITNET (01/07/91)

While trying to install NCSA telnet in PS 55 using 3C523 card and packet driver
(3c523 0x7e 3 0x300 0xc000) I got a message:"Packet driver loded at segment
2676 Time out while initializing the board".
(The message appears on the screen immediatly after pressing the CR...)

Using NCSA with the same parameters in the config.tel file gave me connection
to the other coputers (Using 3c523 and not packet).
Does anyone has a solution? (The Ethernet card is OK!!!)
I have tried CUTCP telnet also and got the same problem.

Please mail me and I'll summerize for the list.

                                               Ilan Alter

In article <91006.164715CCYILAN@TECHNION.BITNET> <CCYILAN@TECHNION.BITNET> writes:

   While trying to install NCSA telnet in PS 55 using 3C523 card and
   packet driver (3c523 0x7e 3 0x300 0xc000) I got a message:"Packet
   driver loaded at segment 2676 Time out while initializing the
   board".

That driver is broken.  Fetch the new one (will be part of the upcoming
8.x release): sun.soe.clarkson.edu:pub/packet-drivers/3c523.com.
-russ
--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson

NEASHAM@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU (Lack of skill dictates economy of style-Joey Ramone) (01/08/91)

>While trying to install NCSA telnet in PS 55 using 3C523 card and packet driver
>(3c523 0x7e 3 0x300 0xc000) I got a message:"Packet driver loded at segment
>2676 Time out while initializing the board".
>(The message appears on the screen immediatly after pressing the CR...)

This message appears with, if I recall correctly, version 7 of the
3c523 packet driver. The fix is to drop back to the prior version. Prior
versions are availible at Clarkson if you don't have one.
luck,
Fred

MCCONNAUGHEY@NIEHS.BITNET (01/08/91)

Would you mind forwarding your config.tel file on to me?  We have the
identical situation here & being totally ignorant of the law could use a
template to work from.
in any event, thanks, good luck
Bob McConnaughey @niehs