[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC-NFS and memory expandeder.

CLS016@vaxc.bangor.ac.uk ("Edmund J. Sutcliffe ") (01/12/91)

Has anyone out there had any experience with Sun's PC-NFS and placing it
in High memory, with such products as 386Max and The Last Byte.
   I would be grateful for all help given in this field, Thanks
	Edmund

rjf@gdwb.oz.au (Rex Foord) (01/13/91)

CLS016@vaxc.bangor.ac.uk ("Edmund J. Sutcliffe ") writes:

>Has anyone out there had any experience with Sun's PC-NFS and placing it
>in High memory, with such products as 386Max and The Last Byte.
>   I would be grateful for all help given in this field, Thanks
>	Edmund

We use 386max to place PCNFS.SYS and SOCKDRV.SYS into high mem. Works fine.
Depending on the type of ethernet card and the drivers these too may be placed
into high mem.

Rex Foord
PC Support Programmer
Geelong & District Water Board, Australia
rjf@gdwb.oz.au

link@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (Link) (01/15/91)

In article <9101120853.aa12652@louie.udel.edu> CLS016@vaxc.bangor.ac.uk ("Edmund J. Sutcliffe ") writes:
>Has anyone out there had any experience with Sun's PC-NFS and placing it
>in High memory, with such products as 386Max and The Last Byte.
>   I would be grateful for all help given in this field, Thanks
>        Edmund

I haven't tried using 386Max or The Last Byte, but I have used QEMM
5.0 to load several pieces of PC-NFS into high memory.  I have had success
 You can't load SOCKDRV.SYS high with QEMM.  It seems to work fine and
saves a good bit space.  If only I could fix my problem with telnet
under DESQview.  More on that in another posting.

RICK