[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] New List for users of MD-DOS/IP package

logant@LAFVAX.LAFAYETTE.EDU (LOGAN TRACY H) (01/23/91)

Several weeks ago I indicated on this list an interest in sharing
ideas and info with other users of the MD-DOS/IP package
developed at the University of Maryland.

I received nearly a dozen responses.  Some momentum developed,
and I am delighted to be able to report that "there is now an
_official_ place for users and administrators to discuss their
successes and failures using the University of Maryland and IBM's
MD-DOS/IP package."  I am quoting from Billy Taylor's
announcement, which continues:

>	   I am one of the developers of DOS/IP and will be the
>	administrator of this mailing list.  It will be unmoderated.  To
>	send mail to the list, use the following id:
>	dosip-list@terminus.umd.edu and requests to be added to the list
>	should be addressed to:  dosip-request@terminus.umd.edu.  If you
>	anticipate many users at your site being interested in being part
>	of this list, please arrange for a local mail reflector/exploder.
>
>	   The developers of DOS/IP here at the University of Maryland
>	will be reading this list and may address concerns here as suits
>	their individual ability and inclination.
>Billy E. Taylor, Jr.  | (301) 403-4611           |   War is Over,
>Comp Sci Ctr, U of MD | billy@terminus.umd edu   |   If you want it -- j&y
>College Pk, MD 20842  | Disclaimer: I don't know, maybe it's me...

-- tracy
uucp    : rutgers!lafcol!logant
Bitnet  : loganT @ LAFAYETT
Internet: loganT @ lafvax.lafayette.edu