[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC NFS

rwmira01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Rob Miracle) (01/14/91)

I hope this will have a simple answer.  I need information on a public domain
implementation of NFS for a 2 PC LAN.  I have a customer who has two PC's that
need to share data (shared database).  Buying a full fledged LAN isn't cost
effective.  They will be running on AT&T StarLAN 1mbit cards and will probably
not have an interceding hub unit.  I want something that will run on either
system with the Clarkson packet drivers (which I have) and will allow one to
link to the other and form a network drive.

Please, in your response, include every file that I need to FTP and where I
might find it.

Also, please respond by mail, as our news feed is down, though our mail is
fine.

Thanks in Advance
Rob Miracle
"Kill Wesley! Kill Wesley!"  -- Irate Star Trek:TNG Fans

kls30@duts.ccc.amdahl.com (Kent L Shephard) (01/25/91)

In article <165rwmira01@ULKYVX.bitnet> rwmira01@ULKYVX.BITNET (Rob Miracle) writes:
>I hope this will have a simple answer.  I need information on a public domain
>implementation of NFS for a 2 PC LAN.  I have a customer who has two PC's that

I also need this information.  I'm getting a NeXTcube and I would like
to NFS mount my PC harddrive to the NeXT.  I want to do this so I can
exchange files on 1.44Mb disks w/out bspending $500 for a SCSI floppy
for the next.  I also want to exchange Midi files from PC to NeXT.

I will be using a standard 8bit Ethernet card by Western Digital or
somebody.

>need to share data (shared database).  Buying a full fledged LAN isn't cost
>effective.  They will be running on AT&T StarLAN 1mbit cards and will probably
>not have an interceding hub unit.  I want something that will run on either
>system with the Clarkson packet drivers (which I have) and will allow one to
>link to the other and form a network drive.
>
>Please, in your response, include every file that I need to FTP and where I
>might find it.

Please post this information also.

>Also, please respond by mail, as our news feed is down, though our mail is
>fine.
>
>Thanks in Advance
>Rob Miracle
>"Kill Wesley! Kill Wesley!"  -- Irate Star Trek:TNG Fans

Thanks, Kent
--
/*  -The opinions expressed are my own, not my employers.    */
/*      For I can only express my own opinions.              */