[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Problem with release 2.0 & NCSA Telnet.

In article <91024.102510PVJQC@CUNYVM.BITNET> PVJQC@CUNYVM.BITNET writes:
>I noticed that I could not use NCSA Telnet (ver. 2.2D) running on PS/2 to
>connect to these two NeXTs with 2.0. It works fine with the NeXT running
>1.0.

2.2D is a Clarkson University derivative of NCSA Telnet 2.2 for
the IBM PC.  The two most recent BSD telnetd releases tickle an
option negotiation bug in the PC software that has since been
fixed.

Upgrade to omnigate.clarkson.edu:pub/cutcp/v2.2-D/cutcp.zoo

Since NeXT 2.0 supports linemode telnet (yeah!), NCSA's current
beta (2.3b14) may be worth trying:

zaphod.ncsa.uiuc.edu:NCSA_Telnet/PC.2.3beta/tel23bin.zip
(a self-extracting .exe is also available)

					-=EPS=-