[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Recommendations on C compiler for KA9Q wanted

DEDOUREK@unb.CA (01/29/91)

I have a student who will be doing a networking project.  We hope
to use KA9Q as a base for this project.  What C compiler(s) is(are)
recommended for compiling KA9Q?  What version?  Are any others
known to work?
John DeDourek <dedourek@unb.ca>

todd@Quotron.COM (Todd_Booth) (01/30/91)

DEDOUREK@unb.CA writes:

>I have a student who will be doing a networking project.  We hope
>to use KA9Q as a base for this project.  What C compiler(s) is(are)
>recommended for compiling KA9Q?  What version?  Are any others
>known to work?
>John DeDourek <dedourek@unb.ca>

I would recommend using the current Borland C compiler (C++ V 1.).  I
can now add an __MSC define and compile all the source with MSC and
the next Borland C compiler but have not solved all the MSC link
problems yet (I'm planning to though).

I'll be sending in my diff RNS.

--todd

--