[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Problem copying files w/FTP's IDrive

sw@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Simon Wail) (02/01/91)

I am using FTP's Interdrive product to access an HP-9000 running HP-UX V7.00.
If a filename is not a legal MS-DOS name, then Interdrive will map it to a
name including some tildes (~) and a number. It does not seem possible to then
use MS-DOS's copy or rename commands on the file. Dir will only list the file
if there is no filename in the command, or if the filename has a wildcard that
includes other files as well. I'm using MS-DOS V3.30, and Interdrive V1.01.
Using telnet or rlogin to change the name is a pain that should be unnecessary.

				Ron Wail

ACSNet: sw@goanna.oz.au
UUCP: ...uunet!munnari!goanna!sw

toewe@oakhill.sps.mot.com (Fred Toewe) (02/01/91)

In article <4686@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> sw@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Simon Wail) writes:
>I am using FTP's Interdrive product to access an HP-9000 running HP-UX V7.00.
>If a filename is not a legal MS-DOS name, then Interdrive will map it to a
>name including some tildes (~) and a number. It does not seem possible to then
>use MS-DOS's copy or rename commands on the file. Dir will only list the file
>if there is no filename in the command, or if the filename has a wildcard that
>includes other files as well. I'm using MS-DOS V3.30, and Interdrive V1.01.
>Using telnet or rlogin to change the name is a pain that should be unnecessary.
>
>				Ron Wail

Ron,
	I had the same problem for awhile. After talking with FTP customer
service folks a few times, they sent me an updated version of Interdrive for
free that fixes that problem. The version that I'm running is labelled 1.1pl.
The pl SHOULD have been followed by a patch level but wasn't. I'd recommend
contacting them (e.g. paula@ftp.com) and describing the problem. You can
reference me if you want. They also monitor this news group, so you'll probably
get an answer from them directly.

Fred Toewe
toewe@sol1.sps.mot.com