[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA Telnet on PS/2 Model 55sx & 3Com 3c523 card.

ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) (02/11/91)

A friend of mine who works for a different organisation but is on the same
site is having problems getting NCSA telnet 2.2 to work on his IBM Model 55sx
PS/2.

Could somebody mail/reply by news if they have NCSA telnet working with a 3c523
MICROCHANNEL card.  By this could I have the config.tel, the config.sys/
autoexec.bat, The hardware setup of the 3c523 card (addresses interupts etc),
the packet driver used (or not used), please.

We have tried using the packet driver (Ver 7) and have so far been unable to
get it to load.  I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Ian Crakanthorp			ian@atom.lhrl.oz.au
				ian%atom.oz@munnari.cs.mu.oz.au

josevela@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Jose Angel Vela Avila) (02/11/91)

ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) writes:

>A friend of mine who works for a different organisation but is on the same
>site is having problems getting NCSA telnet 2.2 to work on his IBM Model 55sx
>PS/2.

>Could somebody mail/reply by news if they have NCSA telnet working with a 3c523
>MICROCHANNEL card.  By this could I have the config.tel, the config.sys/
>autoexec.bat, The hardware setup of the 3c523 card (addresses interupts etc),
>the packet driver used (or not used), please.

>We have tried using the packet driver (Ver 7) and have so far been unable to
>get it to load.  I would appreciate any help.

>Thanks

>Ian Crakanthorp			ian@atom.lhrl.oz.au
>				ian%atom.oz@munnari.cs.mu.oz.au

 Maybe your problem is the packet driver, try version 5 (5.2 ?? )

 Bye.

Jose A. Vela Avila
josevela2mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

CASERTA@JHUVM.BITNET (Rich Caserta) (02/13/91)

On Mon, 11 Feb 91 02:13:33 GMT you said:
>A friend of mine who works for a different organisation but is on the same
>site is having problems getting NCSA telnet 2.2 to work on his IBM Model 55sx
>PS/2.
>
>Could somebody mail/reply by news if they have NCSA telnet working with a 3c523
>We have tried using the packet driver (Ver 7) and have so far been unable to
>get it to load.  I would appreciate any help.

Hello!  If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a problem with Ver 7 of the
3C523 PD.  There should be a repaired one (separately archived) at
sun.soe.clarkson.edu.  Otherwise, try an older one.

I've FTP'd between two PS/2 55SXs using NCSA Telnet 2.2TN (Clarkson enhanced)
using the built-in driver and 3C523 default settings.  No problems.

I think yours is not working because of the bad packet driver.

One other thing--if you use the built-in driver, specify the RAM address
in CONFIG.TEL as, e.g. C800 even though you might really want to say C8000.

I think this is a problem I figured out by chance a while ago.

If you need more info, let me know.  Good luck!

Rich Caserta
caserta@jhuvm.hcf.jhu.edu