[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] POP server needed

DOBBINS@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU (Gary Dobbins) (02/14/91)

Is there such a thing as a POP (POP2) server that will run on a PC under DOS,
rather than requiring a UNIX host?  Hopefully free, but commercial product
names would be welcome.

I'm looking for something that can operate on a dedicated PC, like KA9Q can, to
provide Mail service to a small group.

Please reply directly to:  dobbins@rvax.ccit.arizona.edu (internet)
                      or:  dobbins@arizrvax  (bitnet)

Thanks in advance.

broehl@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Bernie Roehl) (02/19/91)

In article <BD072E63697F40F96F@ccit.arizona.edu> DOBBINS@CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU (Gary Dobbins) writes:
>Is there such a thing as a POP (POP2) server that will run on a PC under DOS,
>rather than requiring a UNIX host?  Hopefully free, but commercial product
>names would be welcome.
>
>I'm looking for something that can operate on a dedicated PC, like KA9Q can, to
>provide Mail service to a small group.

I believe the latest version of KA9Q (from thumper.bellcore.com) has a POP
server built right into it; just "start pop" and away you go.

--
	Bernie Roehl, University of Waterloo Electrical Engineering Dept
	Mail: broehl@sunee.waterloo.edu OR broehl@sunee.UWaterloo.ca