[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Charon 3.1 Printer support

adyer@wyse.com (Andrew M. Dyer) (02/25/91)

Does anyone have details of how Charon v 3.1 implements support for
incoming and outgoing lpd requests? The docs that came with the
version I have (3.1) mention this as a possibility, but don't explain
how to set up the charon.dat file and Novell queues to do this. I
tried sending mail to Brad Clements at Clarkson, but received no reply
as of yet.

For those who don't know what Charon is, it is a program which will
allows a Novell <-> SMTP gateway, and will also handle lpd <-> novell
printing. In addition it supports finger. It is available from
archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu.
--
{uunet, mips, decwrl}!wyse!adyer or adyer@wyse.com
" I think I woke up on the wrong side of the food chain today..."

cintra4@milton.u.washington.edu (Dave Lange) (02/25/91)

In article <ADYER.91Feb24122115@wyse.wyse.com> adyer@wyse.com (Andrew M. Dyer) writes:
>Does anyone have details of how Charon v 3.1 implements support for
>incoming and outgoing lpd requests? The docs that came with the
>version I have (3.1) mention this as a possibility, but don't explain
>how to set up the charon.dat file and Novell queues to do this.

The intro to charon 3.1 says that LPR is supported, but the announcements
said that LPR was being held for a future release. LPR is supported by
charon 2.x available by FTP from omnigate.clarkson.edu

Dave Lange  (cintra4@u.washington.edu)