[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA Telnet and ISOLINK BICC 4113 Ethernet card

ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) (02/19/91)

Hi netters,
I asked a question about 3c523 cards before and got a good response.  Thank
you all again.

I have a tougher question now.  I just downloaded Version 8 of the clarkson
packet drivers which includes a driver for the ISOLINK ethernet card.  I
have tried loading the packet driver but it does not work.  The packet
driver runs without complaint, but the ethernet address of the card that is
displayed by the program is 00:00:00:00:00:00.  Hence I dont think the
packetdriver is talking to the card properly.

Has anybody had success with a ISOLINK BICC 4113 card?  How did you get it to
work.  The address of the card is 0xC000 which the packet driver doesn't need
to know (which I think is strange), is there an option I dont know of?

Software comes with the card is it necessary to load this or does the packet
driver do it all?

If somebody has got a ISOLINK card and has got the packet driver to work,
could you tell me the parameters you use when you call the packetdriver.
Also the jumper settings of the card.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

--
Ian Crakanthorp                              e-mail: ian@atom.lhrl.oz.au
ANSTO                                        phone : +61 2 543 3365

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (02/21/91)

ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) writes:

>If somebody has got a ISOLINK card and has got the packet driver to work,
>could you tell me the parameters you use when you call the packetdriver.
>Also the jumper settings of the card.  Any help would be appreciated.

1/. I think Russ Nelson said that this was buggy:

2/. We may try it later.

3/. Please anyone - post any info to the net so we can all get the latest.

ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) (02/26/91)

|In article <1991Feb21.132554.23910@unipalm.uucp> leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) writes:
|>ian@atom2.LHRL.OZ.AU (Ian Crakanthorp) writes:
|>
|>>If somebody has got a ISOLINK card and has got the packet driver to work,
|>>could you tell me the parameters you use when you call the packetdriver.
|>>Also the jumper settings of the card.  Any help would be appreciated.
|>
|>1/. I think Russ Nelson said that this was buggy:
|>
|>2/. We may try it later.
|>
|>3/. Please anyone - post any info to the net so we can all get the latest.

From the responses I received I solved my problem thank you.  It seems I
had an 8-bit ISOLINK card, for which you use the ISOLAN.COM packetdriver.
The ISOLINK.COM packetdriver is for the 16-bit BICC 4110-2 cards.  The
description says the bug occurs when talking to a VAX and that other people
who have used it haven't complained.  As I dont have a 16-bit card I cannot
tell you how buggy it is.

Thanks