[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Need driver for G/Ethernet Micro Channel Adapter

R_PIRAZZI@UPR1.UPR.CLU.EDU ("Rafael A. Pirazzi, ACP") (03/02/91)

I need to obtain the packet driver for the G/Ethernet Micro Channel adapter
from Gateway Communications, Inc. A few days ago I downloaded the drivers.zip
file available at WSMR-SIMTEL20 but I didn't found any driver or reference
to this particular adapter. My question is: Is there any driver for this
adapter and where can I find it or it is there an equivalent driver to this
adapter in the drivers.zip file?

Thanks.

| Rafael A. Pirazzi, ACP         | Voice    : (809)250-0000              |
| System Manager, UPR1           | Bitnet   : r_pirazzi@upr1             |
| Information Systems Office     | Internet : r_pirazzi@upr1.upr.clu.edu |
| University of Puerto Rico      | UPREnet  : upr1::r_pirazzi            |
| Central Administration         |                                       |

erick@sunee.waterloo.edu (Erick Engelke) (03/04/91)

In article <B0946FEA80BF004440@UPR1.UPR.CLU.EDU> R_PIRAZZI@UPR1.UPR.CLU.EDU ("Rafael A. Pirazzi, ACP") writes:
>...where can I find it or it is there an equivalent driver to this
>adapter in the drivers.zip file?

I received a copy with my G/Ethernet card, you should be able to get
one from the company.  It is not in the collection because it is not
a 'clarkson' driver.

Unfortunately, their driver is extrememly old or just based on the old
specifications for packet drivers.  It does not work with a lot of
popular software.  Also, the performance is not worth mentioning.

I would recommend that anyone considerring a G/Ethernet card look at
Western Digital (or some other card) instead.  Or if you must pick up
some G/Ethernet cards, buy mine!

Erick
Erick Engelke                                       Watstar Computer Network
Watstar Network Guy                                   University of Waterloo
Erick@Development.Watstar.UWaterloo.ca              (519) 885-1211 Ext. 2965