[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] FTP + mh question

chas@stax.uchicago.edu (Charles Blair) (02/20/91)

Is there a version of mh for the PC that uses FTP Software's kernel?
(I'm aware of the version that works with Stanford's SU-PC/IP, but I
don't want to have to reboot my machine just to use it.)

Thanks.

--
Bitnet:                 pmrcjdb@uchimvs1
Internet:       cjdb@midway.uchicago.edu

jbvb@FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen") (02/22/91)

    Is there a version of mh for the PC that uses FTP Software's kernel?

I don't know of any.  If MH uses standard 4bsd sockets, and they left that
intact when doing the SU PC-IP port, it could be moved to our Dev Kit socket
library without much effort.  We'd help...

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901

trier@cwlim.INS.CWRU.Edu (Stephen C. Trier) (02/22/91)

In article <9102211719.AA27723@ftp.com> jbvb@ftp.com writes:
>If MH uses standard 4bsd sockets, and they left that intact when doing
>the SU PC-IP port, it could be moved to our Dev Kit socket library with-
>out much effort.  We'd help...

Nope, no sockets code left.  I'm not sure how much real MH code is left
in there, either.  SU-PC/IP's MH appears to be a subset of Unix MH,
rather simplified.

--
Stephen Trier                              Case Western Reserve University
Work: trier@cwlim.ins.cwru.edu             Information Network Services

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (03/05/91)

 We have been thinking of doing it: All those who want it hold up your hands
where I can see them... or E-mail me.:-)

If there is enough people out there prepared to pay money: well we will.

MCCONNAUGHEY@NIEHS.BITNET (03/06/91)

unsub pcip

sarahg@MERIT.EDU (Sarah Gray) (03/12/91)

     I would be very interested in an MH version.