[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] <None>

31002_1650@uwovax.uwo.ca (11/21/89)

I have heard of a version of BM.exe that is memory resident.

Does anyone know where it is stored with FTP or modem access?

gehallert@amherst.bitnet (09/14/90)

In article <1990Aug29.153353.13564@math.lsa.umich.edu>, nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
> Archive-name: clarkson-packet-drivers/29-Aug-90
> Archive-site: sun.soe.clarkson.edu [128.153.12.3]
> Archive-directory: /pub/ka9q
> Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)
>
> The 7.x release of the Clarkson collection of packet drivers is now
> available.  The summary is given below.  In addition to the new
> drivers and bug fixes, a switch has been added that lets you use
> Novell without econfiging your server.

> 	New drivers: UB PC/NIC, LocalTalk, Tiara, NTI.
> 	Bugs fixed: 3c505, 3c503, wd8003e, nb, ne1000.
> 	Bug found but not fixed: 3c523.
>
> The packet drivers are for MS-DOS, and serve to hide the difference between
> network cards, and allow multiple protocol stacks to access the same card.
> Most often people are interested in running Novell's Netware and TCP/IP
> at the same time.
>
> 		The Clarkson packet driver collection
>
> Availability
>
> The Clarkson collection of packet drivers is available by FTP, by
> archive-server, and by modem.  They come in two flavors -- executables
> only (drivers.arc), and source+executables (driverss.arc).  All of the
> following instructions apply to both drivers.arc and driverss.arc.
>
> Mail:
>
> I distribute the packet drivers on a 1.2 MB 5.25" disk, or a 720K 3.5"
> disk.  You can send me a check for $20, or you can send me a purchse
> order and I will bill you for $22.  NY residents add 7% sales tax,
> overseas orders add $3 for shipping.  If you send a check, please be
> sure it is in US dollars -- the bank charges me $15 to convert checks
> drawn in foreign currencies.
>
> 	Russell Nelson
> 	11 Grant St.
> 	Potsdam, NY 13676
>
> FTP:
>
> sun.soe.clarkson.edu:/pub/ka9q/drivers.arc
> grape.ecs.clarkson.edu:/e/tcpip/drivers.arc
>
> Archive-server:
>
> Send mail to archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu and put the following
> command as the body of your message:
> 	help
> This will send you a help message.  Reading this help message will tell
> you how to fetch the packet drivers.
>
> Modem:
>
> Call the Clarkson Heath User's Group's BBS: (315)268-6667, 8N1,
> 1200/2400 Baud, 24 hours.  Change to file area 24 and download drivers.arc.
>
> --
> --russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
> We won the cold war.  The Russians spent trillions defending their stuff,
> then they found that they didn't have any stuff.  Will we avoid the same trap?

rbourass@isis.cs.du.edu (richard) (02/25/91)

Could someone please pass on info re: using PCIP and/or WinQVT/net
over an NDIS driver?  So far I have been able to get only NCSA
running via the NDIS driver.  I would much rather use PCIP and WinQVT
if at all possible.

Thanks for the help,
Rich
Please E-Mail responses to rbourass@isys.cs.du.edu (I think???)