[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] TurboC changes for NCSA source

abbott@VUSE.VANDERBILT.EDU (Ben Abbott) (03/29/91)

Some time ago I got a list of things to change
in the NCSA source that would allow it to compile
under turboc.  Well...I used it (it worked great)
and then lost it (my disk crashed).  Could I please
get another copy.

Thanks,
Ben Abbott
Vanderbilt

wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Bill Wilson) (03/30/91)

From article <9103282306.AA21291@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>, by abbott@VUSE.VANDERBILT.EDU (Ben Abbott):

> Some time ago I got a list of things to change
> in the NCSA source that would allow it to compile
> under turboc.

I need the ftp address for the new NCSA code and binaries.
What I am looking for is the ability to write utilities that
can access the Cabletron driver (csipd_e).  If there are any
socket libraries other that the FTP one, could you let me know?

Thanks!

--
Let sleeping dragons lie........                    | The RoleMancer
Bill Wilson (wew@naucse.cse.nau.edu | ucc2wew@nauvm | wilson@nauvax)

madams@ecst.csuchico.edu (Michael E. Adams) (03/31/91)

In article <9103282306.AA21291@vuse.vanderbilt.edu> abbott@VUSE.VANDERBILT.EDU (Ben Abbott) writes:

>Some time ago I got a list of things to change
>in the NCSA source that would allow it to compile
>under turbo C.  Well...I used it (it worked great)
>and then lost it (my disk crashed).  Could I please
>get another copy.

   Here is the file I have for using NCSA 23b14 with Turbo C.
I don't know if it works with 23b15, but the folks at NCSA have at
least one copy of this file, so they may have already made the changes.

I have still not been able to run telnet on our 3c503 cards, but ftp works
fine.  Telnet will work on the 3c503 when we use the clarkson packet driver,
but both applications run fine on the 3c501 without any external driver.

This lists only a few of the changes you will need to compile with Turbo C
but it is most of what you need to get going.  I'm still not sure about
MSmouse.lib.  I would like to have the ASM code and compile it myself.
I heard the Turbo OBJs will not work with Microsoft OBJs..?
You will also need a dummy (empty) header file "malloc.h"

I have also made a faster, simpler "make file" for the code, and "project file"
for compiling in the IDE (handy for finding first round of syntax bugs).
if you would like a copy please e-mail this account.

Good luck!

         (___)      |  Michael E. Adams
         (o o)      |  Custom Computer Programming
  /-------\ /       |  P.O. Box 5027
 / |     ||O        |  Chico,  California  95927-5025    U.S.A.
*  ||,---||         |
   ~~    ~~         |  internet: madams@cscihp.ecst.csuchico.edu
No BULL bandwidth   |

-------------------------8<----------------------8<-------------
THIS FILE DESCRIBES HOW TO GET THE RAW 2.3B14 SOURCE TO COMPILE
WITH TURBO C 2.0.

IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS CONTACT :

	ANDREW TRIDGELL
	TRIDGE@AERODEC.ANU.EDU.AU

1:	MAKE SURE YOU HAVE tcc,tlib,tasm,make AND tlink AVAILABLE ON THE PATH
2:	UNPACK THE SOURCE INTO A DIRECTORY (AND DELETE ALL THE .LIB'S AND
	.OBJ'S YOU CAN FIND - EXCEPT msmouse.lib
3:	MAKE A SMALL (EMPTY) FILE CALLED empty.fil
4:	COPY THE FILE makefile.tcc TO makefile
5:	ADD /inet\enet TO THE AFLAGS LINE IN makefile
6:	IN LINE 317 AND 318 OF net\enet\net.c CHANGE
	bufend=&raw[14500];			/* leave 2K breathing room, required */
	buflim=12000;				/* another 2K breathing room */
#ifdef __TURBOC__
	bufend=&raw[7500];			/* leave 2K breathing room, required */
	buflim=5000;				/* another 2K breathing room */
#else
	bufend=&raw[14500];			/* leave 2K breathing room, required */
	buflim=12000;				/* another 2K breathing room */
#endif

ALSO IN include\pcdefs.h AT LINE 13 CHANGE
	raw[17000];
#ifdef __TURBOC__
	raw[10000];
#else
	raw[17000];
#endif

THIS GETS AROUND A 64K DGROUP PROBLEM THAT TCC HAS.

7:	IN include\externs.h LINE 753 CHANGE
extern  void interrupt pkt_receiver2(unsigned int es,unsigned int ds,unsigned int di,unsigned int si,unsigned int bp,unsigned int sp,unsigned int bx,unsigned int dx,unsigned int cx,unsigned int ax);
#ifdef __TURBOC__
extern  void interrupt pkt_receiver2(unsigned int bp,unsigned int di,unsigned int si,unsigned int ds,unsigned int es,unsigned int dx,unsigned int cx,unsigned int bx,unsigned int ax);
#else
extern  void interrupt pkt_receiver2(unsigned int es,unsigned int ds,unsigned int di,unsigned int si,unsigned int bp,unsigned int sp,unsigned int bx,unsigned int dx,unsigned int cx,unsigned int ax);
#endif

8:	IN include\turboc.h ADD THE FOLLOWING LINES TO THE END OF THE FILE
int _dos_setdate(struct dosdate_t *ddate);
int _dos_settime(struct dostime_t *dtime);

struct dosdate_t
{
unsigned char day;
unsigned char month;
unsigned int year;
unsigned char dayofweek;
};

struct dostime_t
{
unsigned char hour;
unsigned char minute;
unsigned char second;
unsigned char hsecond;
};

(THEY SHOULD ACTUALLY BE ADDED BEFORE THE LAST #ENDIF)

9:	IN FILE net\enet\packet.c LINE 321 CHANGE
void interrupt pkt_receiver2(es,ds,di,si,bp,sp,bx,dx,cx,ax)
unsigned int bp,sp,
	di,si,
	ds,es,
	dx,cx,bx,ax;
#ifdef __TURBOC__
void interrupt pkt_receiver2(bp,di,si,ds,es,dx,cx,bx,ax)
unsigned int bp,di,si,ds,es,dx,cx,bx,ax;
#else
void interrupt pkt_receiver2(es,ds,di,si,bp,sp,bx,dx,cx,ax)
unsigned int bp,sp,
	di,si,
	ds,es,
	dx,cx,bx,ax;
#endif

ALSO DELETE THE LINE
sp=sp;
AT LINE 346. YOU COULD ALSO COMMENT IT OUT OR #ifdef IT. I JUST DELETED
IT (IT DOES NOTHING).

YOU CAN ALSO GET RID OF THE OLDWAY STUFF IF YOU LIKE - BUT IT IS NOT NECESSARY.

10: REMOVE THE WORDS $(ENGD)\confile.eng FROM THE LINE STARTING WITH
ENGSRC4 IN THE makefile

11:	AT LINE 1192 OF engine\look.c CHANGE
void tprintf(w,fmt,...)
int w;
char *fmt;
#ifdef __TURBOC__
void tprintf(int w,char *fmt, ...)
#else
void tprintf(w,fmt,...)
int w;
char *fmt;
#endif

12:	IN FILE ftp\ftpbin.c CHANGE
#include <direct.h>
#ifndef __TURBOC__
#include <direct.h>
#endif

13:	IN FILE ftp\ftpbin.c AT LINE 121 CHANGE
#define BUFFERS 20000		/* size of buffer */
#ifdef __TURBOC__
#define BUFFERS 10000
#else
#define BUFFERS 20000		/* size of buffer */
#endif
	ALSO ADD THESE LINES JUST ABOVE OR BELOW LINE 121
#ifdef __TURBOC__
int use_mouse=0;
#endif

14:	IN FILE setclock\setclock.c REMOVE THE LINE
	_splitpath(argv[0],path_name,buf,temp_str,temp_data);	/* split path up */
	AT LINE 71. (THERE ARE TWO COPIES OF IT)

15:	IN FILE lpr\lpr.c CHANGE
static void send_file(int connection_id,struct _iobuf *data_file,char *spool_name,int is_text);
	AT LINE 71 TO
static void send_file(int connection_id,FILE *data_file,char *spool_name,int is_text);

16:	TYPE make. IT TOOK 9 MINUTES ON MY 16 MHZ 386SX TO BUILD IT ALL
	FROM SCRATCH. THIS IS MUCH FASTER THAN MSC DOES IT. THE RESULTING
	telbin.exe IS 203K LONG.

NOTE : IF YOU GET A OUT OF MEMORY ERROR FROM THE COMPILER THEN DO
SOMETHING LIKE THIS :
make -n > go.bat
THEN EDIT GO.BAT TO MAKE A VALID BAT FILE.

problems to:
Andrew Tridgell
tridge@aerodec.anu.edu.au