[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] packet driver to dll converter ???

fks@FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) (03/19/91)

I don't know of a packet driver to DLL converter. Our PC/TCP is available
for DLL - perhaps that is what you heard about?

Frances Kirk Selkirk		 info@ftp.com	           (617) 246-0900
FTP Software, Inc.		 26 Princess Street, Wakefield, MA  01880

leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) (04/03/91)

fks@FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) writes:

>I don't know of a packet driver to DLL converter. Our PC/TCP is available
>for DLL - perhaps that is what you heard about?

Don't Cabletron do such a beast - part of their commercial suite?

jbreeden@netcom.COM (John Breeden) (04/05/91)

In article <1991Apr3.090958.9803@unipalm.uucp> leo@unipalm.uucp (E.J. Leoni-Smith) writes:
>fks@FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) writes:
>
>>I don't know of a packet driver to DLL converter. Our PC/TCP is available
>>for DLL - perhaps that is what you heard about?
>
>Don't Cabletron do such a beast - part of their commercial suite?

DEC has a DLL to NDIS driver (part of DEC Works, or whatever they are call-
ing PCSA these days). This driver along with FTP Inc's DISPKT would give
interfaces to both - NDIS/DLL for DEC and DISPKT for packet driver soft-
ware - all on top of an NDIS driver.

One bit of caution - the NDIS MAC driver *must* support the NDIS
SetStationAddress funtion - DEC's DLL driver changes the vendor address bits
to DEC's.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
    jbreeden@netcom.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden