[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] FAQ no doubt, new on FTP/SW

snorthc@relay.nswc.navy.mil (Stephen Northcutt) (04/09/91)

I have this bad feeling I am asking a FAQ and beg your forbearance.

I have received a non maskable request from my bosses' boss to
supply him with a PC based news reader.  I have several options:
rn on a UNIX platform, the PC/NFS based product, are two front
runners.  For historical reasons (I put the FTP/SW site lic. in
place here) I would prefer to provide him a FTP/SW INC. based
reader, does such an animal exist?  Oh, yes, I do know about the
ka9q and pcip based readers, thank you.

Stephen Northcutt (snorthc@relay.nswc.navy.mil)     News Admin
Landline: (703) 663-7745

I saw a curious net sig. a few messages back, went something like:
It is better to get mugged than to live in fear - ? Dyson
For this I have trained my mind and body for 25 years?  Stephen N.

dougs@claude1.rchland.ibm.com (J Doug Smith) (04/09/91)

--

Where could I get a copy of the ka9q newsreader?

Doug Smith
IBM Rochester, Dept. 43K
dougs@rchland.iinus1.ibm.com

milton@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Milton D Miller) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr9.150038.8113@ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com> dougs@claude1.rchland.ibm.com (J Doug Smith) writes:

>--
>
>Where could I get a copy of the ka9q newsreader?
>

>Doug Smith
>IBM Rochester, Dept. 43K
>dougs@rchland.iinus1.ibm.com

1.  Its not really a news reader, more a NNTP -> local mail client.
2.  It is available freely ONLY to radio amateurs and educational
    sites.  (contact karn@ka9q.thumper.bellcore.com for other uses).
3.  thumper.bellcore.com:pub/ka9q/g1emm directory (G1EMM version only).

milton