    From: -- <agate!darkstar!ray@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>
    Subject: NE1000 compatible and PC-NFS ?

    The WD cards came with a disk of drivers, and those drivers where
    what I used with the PC-NFS.  However, the NE-compatible cards
    did not come with any drivers at all.  I tried the "NIC" standard
    driver that came with PC-NFS, but it didn't work at all.  Now,
    where do I buy the drivers I need?

Not available in stores anywhere...

There is a public domain driver you can use with your NE1000.
It is part of the Clarkson package of packet drivers, available
by anon FTP from vax.ftp.com:pub/packet.driver/pubdom/clarkson/ne1000.com
This directory contains source also in case you are interested.

== Gordon Lee                 FTP Software Inc
== voice: (617) 246-0900      26 Princess St
== fax:   (617) 245-7943      Wakefield, MA  01880