[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] TCP/IP over Token Ring

hschaffn@tsypac1.UUCP (Heinz Schaffner) (04/12/91)

I have recently been trying (without success) to run FTP's PC/TCP over
token ring.
 The Host is a micro channel based IBM PS/2 with 6 megs of memory.
I am using an IBM 16/4 Token Ring Adapter/A, set for 4 Mbps.
ROM is set at d8000-d9fff
RAM is set 16KB ,  DC000-DFFFF
Interrupt 10 is selected

Every time I try to load the kernel, using the command: IBMTR, I get the
following error:

Adapter Support Interface (TOKREUI)  Not Loaded.

I am looking for a solution to solve this problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Heinz Schaffner
uunet!utai!torsqnt!tsypac1!hschaffn

cws@FTP.COM (Cris Shuldiner) (04/12/91)

    From pcip-request@louie.udel.edu  Fri Apr 12 00:33:47 1991
    Date: 12 Apr 91 00:06:39 GMT
    From: Heinz Schaffner <agate!bionet!uwm.edu!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!rpi!news-server.csri.toronto.edu!torsqnt!tsypac1!hschaffn@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>
    Subject: TCP/IP over Token Ring
    To: pcip@udel.edu

    I have recently been trying (without success) to run FTP's PC/TCP over
    token ring.
     The Host is a micro channel based IBM PS/2 with 6 megs of memory.
    I am using an IBM 16/4 Token Ring Adapter/A, set for 4 Mbps.
    ROM is set at d8000-d9fff
    RAM is set 16KB ,  DC000-DFFFF
    Interrupt 10 is selected

    Every time I try to load the kernel, using the command: IBMTR, I get the
    following error:

    Adapter Support Interface (TOKREUI)  Not Loaded.

The IBMTR kernel requires that the ASI be loaded to talk to the card.
IBM used to refer to this as TOKREUI, but now they refer to it as the
LAN Support Program.  For an IBM card, this driver is loaded by
CONFIG.SYS and has two (three if using IBM's Netbios) modules.

		DXMA0MOD.SYS
		DXMC0MOD.SYS

		(DXMT0MOD.SYS is the Netbios)

You need to get this from IBM.

Cris Shuldiner						Technical Support
cws@ftp.com						FTP Software, Inc.
Ph: (617) 246-2920					Fax: (617) 245-7943

jbvb@FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen") (04/12/91)

    Adapter Support Interface (TOKREUI)  Not Loaded.

There is an IBM product called the LAN Support Program, which contains
the hardware driver that supports the ASI spec.  It used to be called
TOKREUI in an earlier incarnation.  Board-specific modules for this
driver are also available from other vendors of 802.5 interfaces.
Almost all software that uses DOS 802.5 cards expects an ASI driver
of one vintage or another.

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901