[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Any terminal emulators that run under FTP's Software????

lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (04/12/91)

Does ANYONE know of terminal emulators that will work with FTP's software
AND allows complete keyboard mapping? (Similar to NCSA Telnet's mappings?)

Please let me know in E-mail if you can!
We are in desperate need!!

Lance Ellinghouse
hermix!lance@anes.ucla.edu

jrd@cc.usu.edu (04/15/91)

In article <230@hermix.UUCP>, lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
> Does ANYONE know of terminal emulators that will work with FTP's software
> AND allows complete keyboard mapping? (Similar to NCSA Telnet's mappings?)
>
> Please let me know in E-mail if you can!
> We are in desperate need!!
>
> Lance Ellinghouse
> hermix!lance@anes.ucla.edu
----------------
Lance,
	Any terminal emulator supporting the Bios Int 14h will work with
FTP's TNGLASS. Finding one with NCSA's Telnet mappings is easiest if you
use MS-DOS Kermit, whence the NCSA keyboard material has been drawn (with
my blessing).
	Joe D.

08071TCP@MSU.EDU (Doug Nelson) (04/16/91)

>Does ANYONE know of terminal emulators that will work with FTP's software
>AND allows complete keyboard mapping? (Similar to NCSA Telnet's mappings?)
>
>Please let me know in E-mail if you can!
>We are in desperate need!!

I can tell you one - MS/Kermit.  I have tested this with Kermit v2.32a and
PC/TCP version 2.04.  Note that the latest NCSA key mapping syntax is
modeled directly after Kermit, so you can probably just drop your key map
files in and run.

Doug Nelson
Michigan State University

lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr14.194018.47408@cc.usu.edu>, jrd@cc.usu.edu writes:
> In article <230@hermix.UUCP>, lance@hermix.UUCP (Lance Ellinghouse) writes:
> > Does ANYONE know of terminal emulators that will work with FTP's software
> > AND allows complete keyboard mapping? (Similar to NCSA Telnet's mappings?)
> 	Any terminal emulator supporting the Bios Int 14h will work with
> FTP's TNGLASS. Finding one with NCSA's Telnet mappings is easiest if you
> use MS-DOS Kermit, whence the NCSA keyboard material has been drawn (with
> my blessing).

I just want to say thankyou to all the people that have responded to
my question. Sofar everyone but a few has said the same thing:
      MS Kermit

This sounds good....
Now the question, WHERE can I get this program? Can someone E-mail it
to me?

Thanks,.
Lance Ellinghouse
hermix!lance@anes.ucla.edu