[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Using Terminals on PCs

ray@ziggy.UCSC.edu (--) (04/18/91)

>From: jbvb@FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen")
>
>What you think is reluctance is actually inability.  Unless you have a
>386 processor, it is simply impossible to build something that can trap
>every possible way an application might write to the PC's screen or read
>from the keyboard, so that *all* applications can be run...

This brings up a question I have... Is there any way I can use QVT or
other standard terminals on an IBM PC serial port to run software?
I would like to use a terminal on a 386 machine to add a second-person
capability fairly cheaply.  The second person will probably only be
using a fairly simple text-based word processor.  Anything exist to
do this, or will I have to set up a network for *this* application, too?

		- ray@ziggy.ucsc.edu -