[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] [pcip] Re: PCRoute 2.2 source

ddrg@hobbit.gandalf.ca (Duncan Glendinning) (04/18/91)

In <1991Apr18.045656.2976@ox.com> kath@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Bill Kath) writes:

>Archive-name: internet/route/pcroute/0--
>Archive-directory: accuvax.nwu.edu:/pub/pcroute/ [129.105.49.1]
>Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)

>In article <1991Apr17.162619.18433@colorado.edu> foxm@horton.colorado.edu (FOX MICHAEL) writes:
>>
>>		I was one day too late in getting the source from NorthWestern
>>University.  Does anybody know of an archive site that has it?
>>
>>Mike

>I don't know what "one day too late" means... I just checked a minute ago
>and PCRoute 2.2 is *still* available via anonymous ftp from accuvax.nwu.edu
>(129.105.49.1), in the /pub/pcroute directory.

Sort of hard to access files with mode zero:

----------  1 301      10         160611 Jun 20  1990 pcroute2.1.src.tar.Z
----------  1 301      10          97213 Jun 20  1990 pcroute2.1.tar.Z
----------  1 301      10         131801 Feb 27 12:27 pcroute2.2.src.tar.Z
----------  1 301      10         107327 Feb 27 12:27 pcroute2.2.tar.Z
--
Duncan Glendinning         CAnet: ddrg@mentor.gandalf.ca, ddrg@gandalf.ca
Gandalf Data Ltd.          Voice: (613) 723-6500

kath@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Bill Kath) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.045656.2976@ox.com> kath@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Bill Kath) writes:
>Archive-directory: accuvax.nwu.edu:/pub/pcroute/ [129.105.49.1]
>Reposted-by: emv@msen.com (Edward Vielmetti, MSEN)
>
>In article <1991Apr17.162619.18433@colorado.edu> foxm@horton.colorado.edu (FOX MICHAEL) writes:
>>
>>		I was one day too late in getting the source from NorthWestern
>>University.  Does anybody know of an archive site that has it?
>>
>>Mike
>
>I don't know what "one day too late" means... I just checked a minute ago
>and PCRoute 2.2 is *still* available via anonymous ftp from accuvax.nwu.edu
>(129.105.49.1), in the /pub/pcroute directory.
>
>I don't have any official connection with the program, so I can't comment
>on it's status, but the source is still there.
>
>Bill Kath ---------------------- kath@casbah.acns.nwu.edu
>

>-- comp.archives file verification
>accuvax.nwu.edu
>total 714
>----------  1 301      10         131801 Feb 27 12:27 pcroute2.2.src.tar.Z
>----------  1 301      10         107327 Feb 27 12:27 pcroute2.2.tar.Z
>found pcroute ok
>accuvax.nwu.edu:/pub/pcroute/

The source is still there, but the mode has been changed to restrict
access.  My error, I only did an 'ls' before when checking; this I didn't
expect.  The reason for this is buried in the legal conditions of an
arrangement between NU and LANport to develop PCRoute into a comercial
product.

It would be nice if someone official from NU would post something to let
people know the whole story, but that may not happen for some time.  Sorry,
I guess people are going to have to find PCRoute2.2 elsewhere.  Due to
circumstances not under my control I don't think NU is going to continue to
distribute it.

Bill Kath ---------------------- kath@casbah.acns.nwu.edu
             Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics
McCormick School of Engineering,  Northwestern University