[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Background PC Internet mail?

cpm5479@zeus.tamu.edu (Christopher Menzel) (05/01/91)

I've been following net discussion here for a while but, net novice
that I am, haven't been able to discern the answer to the following
question.  My PC is an Internet node.  I run WinQVT and (when not in
Windows) NCSA Telnet.  Neither, however, (to my knowledge) supports
Internet mail. What I would *like* is to use my PC for sending and
receiving Internet mail from inside Windows, either by means of a
Windows app, or a DOS window running in the background.  The
question:  Is there currently a way to do this?  Thanks.

--Chris Menzel
  Philosophy Dept.
  Texas A&M
  (chris@zeus.tamu.edu)

Hubert Lai <LAIH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (05/02/91)

In article <15657@helios.TAMU.EDU>, cpm5479@zeus.tamu.edu (Christopher Menzel)
says:

>I've been following net discussion here for a while but, net novice
>that I am, haven't been able to discern the answer to the following
>question.  My PC is an Internet node.  I run WinQVT and (when not in
>Windows) NCSA Telnet.  Neither, however, (to my knowledge) supports
>Internet mail. What I would *like* is to use my PC for sending and
>receiving Internet mail from inside Windows, either by means of a
>Windows app, or a DOS window running in the background.  The
>question:  Is there currently a way to do this?  Thanks.

I am *most* interested in this as well.  Could you e-mail any info you
get?  I don't normally fallow this group.  Thanks.

<=- Hubert

sysop@mixcom.COM (System Operator) (05/03/91)

LAIH@QUCDN.QueensU.CA (Hubert Lai) writes:

>In article <15657@helios.TAMU.EDU>, cpm5479@zeus.tamu.edu (Christopher Menzel)
>says:
>>
>>Internet mail. What I would *like* is to use my PC for sending and
>>receiving Internet mail from inside Windows, either by means of a
>>Windows app, or a DOS window running in the background.  The
>>question:  Is there currently a way to do this?  Thanks.

>I am *most* interested in this as well.  Could you e-mail any info you
>get?  I don't normally fallow this group.  Thanks.

><=- Hubert

Check with Frontier Technologies in Mequon, WI.
Frontier has a TCP/IP package for MS Windows.
(Sorry, I do not have the telephone number handy,
but the telephone company can help you.)

Dean Roth