[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] QVT/Net and NDIS drivers

rbourass@isis.cs.du.edu (richard) (05/05/91)

I am currently running NCSA Telnet using the dis_pkt NDIS to Packet driver
converter.  I have not been able to get the WinQVT/Net package to work
using the same driver setup.  QVT does not recognize the NDIS/Packet
driver.

Is there a WinQVT/Net version that DOES work with the NDIS/Packet converter?
Could someone offer any suggestions to get this working?

Thanks for any help...
Rich
(please reply by Email.  I want to make sure I don't miss it...)

jbreeden@netcom.COM (John Breeden) (05/06/91)

In article <1991May5.012119.11506@mnemosyne.cs.du.edu> rbourass@isis.UUCP (richard) writes:
>I am currently running NCSA Telnet using the dis_pkt NDIS to Packet driver
>converter.  I have not been able to get the WinQVT/Net package to work
>using the same driver setup.  QVT does not recognize the NDIS/Packet
>driver.
>
>Is there a WinQVT/Net version that DOES work with the NDIS/Packet converter?
>Could someone offer any suggestions to get this working?

You need a newer version of dis_pkt to get WinQVT to run. "How To Get"
follows (thanks Joe - this thing works great!).

BTW, you might also get the latest WinQVT (V1.53) - mo betta bra.

=:Article: 4103 of comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc
=:From: jrd@cc.usu.edu
=:Newsgroups: comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc
=:Subject: NDIS Packet Driver
=:Date: 2 Apr 91 03:23:51 GMT
=:
=:	An updated version of FTP Software Inc's DIS_PKT.ASM program, which
=:provides a Packet Driver interface on top of the NDIS packet muxer, is
=:available for test purposes only as file DIS_PKT.TXT (an archive, zip'd
=:and then uuencoded) from machine netlab.usu.edu, in directories
=:	[anonymous.netwatch]	and 	[anonymous.novell]
=:This is a VMS VAX so please use both brackets and dots in when cd-ing.
=:	This version, 1.06, supports Novell IPX (BYU Pkt Drvr version),
=:FTP's TCP/IP, Netwatch, and the Clarkson distribution suite of Pkt Drvr
=:programs, along side NDIS stuff. Tested over a WD8003E board, for what
=:that's worth. The only side effect I've seen these past few days is a
=:strange pause to some terminal echos, lasting a couple of seconds.
=:	The program is far from being finished, hence the cavaet about
=:for testing purposes only.
=:	Joe D.

--
 John Robert Breeden,