[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] POPmail problems

sorensen@csuvax1.csu.murdoch.edu.au (Peter Sorensen) (05/07/91)

gjocc@csv.viccol.edu.au writes:
> I have failed to get POPmail 2.03 to work on two PCs.
> (popmail from boombox.micro.umn.edu)
> 1. 10Mhz XT clone with a WD8003E card with 7.x packet driver.
>    I get TCP driver did not load. ...
> 2. 25Mhz AST 386 with NI5210 card with 7.x packet driver.
>    The machine just hangs after the configuration is entered.
>   Both machines work perfectly with NCSA telnet via the packet drivers.
>   I must be missing something obvious, there is no other software
>   involved just the packet drivers and POPmail.
>   Can anyone help?
Have you set up netdev.sys with custom.exe?
--
Peter Sorensen                 sorensen@csuvax1.murdoch.edu.au
Murdoch University

crokerg@topaz.ucq.edu.au (05/07/91)

In article <1991May7.093920.6641@csv.viccol.edu.au>, gjocc@csv.viccol.edu.au writes:

>  I have failed to get POPmail 2.03 to work on two PCs.
>  (popmail from boombox.micro.umn.edu)
>
>  1. 10Mhz XT clone with a WD8003E card with 7.x packet driver.
>     I get TCP driver did not load. ...
>

>  2. 25Mhz AST 386 with NI5210 card with 7.x packet driver.
>     The machine just hangs after the configuration is entered.
>
>    Both machines work perfectly with NCSA telnet via the packet drivers.
>    I must be missing something obvious, there is no other software
>    involved just the packet drivers and POPmail.
>
>    Can anyone help?
>
> Greg O'Sullivan
> (gjocc@viccol.edu.au)

I had this exact same problem, i was using a 3com 501 card though.

I mailed the guys at boombox and they said to transfer the TAR file not the
EXE or ZIP, i did this and it all worked fine. It's got somthing to do with
POPMAIL having an internal overlay and ftp'ing it though heaps of gateways etc.

Hope this helps

Gary

 Gary Croker,                      InfoPSI:         G.Croker@ucq.edu.au
 Computing Services,               AARNet/Internet: G.Croker@ucq.edu.au
 University College of Central Queensland,    Phone: +61 79 360610
 Rockhampton, QLD. 4702                         Fax: +61 79 361361
 Australia.                                   [DTE 050527372000077]

gjocc@csv.viccol.edu.au (05/07/91)