[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Re^2: WinQVT/Net & NDIS & Packet driver

zj8549@trotter.usma.edu (Junod John SFC) (05/13/91)

ibell@zeus.usq.EDU.AU (ibell rod) writes:
>>Get the latest, greatest dis_pkt (version 1.06), it'll cure the problem
>
>With DIS_PKT.DOS 1.06 as John recommended, I now get the console window,
>but any attempt to open a session results in:
>	Unable to Open Session [-2]
>	Unable to Open New Session
>	Local host or gateway not Responding
>Hardware is 3Com EtherlinkII

Just fixed this little problem.... On line 297 of the source for DIS_PKT.ASM
in the rcv_def struct, the first word was set to 0 instead of 1.  Not sure
why Joe changed this but it kept the thing from working with the Etherlink
II card.  Works great SO FAR with QVTNET v1.61 anyhow.

The comment even says it should be a 1.

SFC John Junod <zj8549@trotter.usma.edu>
Chief, Academic Network Engineering Branch
United States Military Academy, West Point NY 10996
(914)-938-5038   AV: 688-5038