[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] SLIP for DOS

poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) (05/14/91)

I'm looking for a PD implementation of slip for the DOS computers, can anybody
point the way to an implementation of this.

Thank you

--
POIRIER, Stephane
Dept. I.R.O., Universite de Montreal

josevela@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Jose Angel Vela Avila) (05/15/91)

poirier@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Stephane Poirier) writes:

>I'm looking for a PD implementation of slip for the DOS computers, can anybody
>point the way to an implementation of this.

>Thank you

>--
>POIRIER, Stephane
>Dept. I.R.O., Universite de Montreal
>E-mail addr: poirier@iro.umontreal.ca
>--

 The CUTCP package from Clarkson University has all this and more ..

 It is based on NCSA Telnet and it is based on packet drivers (clarkson too)
  for the communications, so there is a LARGE collection of those (3c503,3c523
  token-ring,3c501,novell,etc) and of course a SLIP one called slip8250.com
  that works trought the PC serial port, and it supports SLIP and X.25 and
  others.

 You can get all this stuff via ftp.

 The package is in omnigate.clarkson.edu in /pub/cutcp/v2.2-D
 The packet drivers is in sun.soe.clarkson.edu in /pub/ka9q/drivers.zip

 If you just want to make tn3270,telnet and ftp you only need :

  tn3270.exe      The main program, it supports 3270 and vt102 at the same time
  ftpbin.exe      Program for FTP
  config.tel      Your configuration
  slip8250.com    Packet driver for SLIP

 And that's all !!

 Is free and is the BEST ! (yes! the BEST! ) Terminal Emulator that I've used
  including all that horrible stuff from COMERCIAL products...

Bye.

Jose A. Vela Avila
josevela@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx