[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Beholder, New Version !!!!!

etstjan@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Jantje van Oorschot) (05/07/91)

Dear Beholder Users,

The new version of The Beholder is available. We have done our best to
repair all known bugs and implement a number of new features. Main new
items are:

      - Full Source/Destination Matrix
      - Screen connection Top-Ten
      - Improved SNMP MIB
      - Watch Dog
      - Improved Memory Management and application mgmnt through
        Beholder.ini

To facilitate a better communication between developers and users, we
have started our own mailing list. You can subscribe to this list
by sending a mail with the following contents:

   @@ subscribe Beholder

to:

   dnpap@et.tudelft.nl

You will receive all conversations concerning The Beholder. If you
want to contribute to the conversation or report Bugs, send a mail
to:

    beholder@et.tudelft.nl

The Beholder software can be obtained using anonymous ftp to:

    dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl

directory:

    Beholder

Or sending mail to our mail-server at:

   dnpap@et.tudelft.nl

Greetings and Good Luck

Jan

-- Ir. Jan van Oorschot.             --- Email: JPMvOorschot@et.tudelft.nl --
-- Data Network Performance Analysis Project                               --
-- CARDIT, Delft University of Technology ------------ Tel: (31)-15-786179 --
-- P.O.Box 5031, 2600 GA Delft, The Netherlands ------ Fax: (31)-15-784898 --

cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) (05/15/91)

In article <.673626643@dutepp0> etstjan@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Jantje van Oorschot) writes:

>The new version of The Beholder is available. We have done our best to
>repair all known bugs and implement a number of new features. Main new
>items are:

	Wonderful ... now, WTF is it?
		Regards,
			Cliff.
--
Cliff Stanford				Email:	cliff@demon.co.uk (Work)
Demon Systems Limited				cms@demon.co.uk   (Home)

mkd@cbnewsj.att.com (mark.k.darby) (05/15/91)

In article <1991May14.194306.15689@demon.co.uk>, cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) writes:
> In article <.673626643@dutepp0> etstjan@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Jantje van Oorschot) writes:
> >
> >The new version of The Beholder is available. We have done our best to
>
> 	Wonderful ... now, WTF is it?
> 		Regards,
> 			Cliff.

I second the question.  Also, is it possible to upload it to some BBS or
something that is accessible via telephone?  Example:  I just recently
downloaded NetCure (NetMon,NetCapt) from LAN Magazine's BBS a few days
ago.  Could the new version of Beholder be put there, too?

Mark Darby
mkd@mtung.att.com

In article <1991May15.114919.382@cbnewsj.att.com> mkd@cbnewsj.att.com (mark.k.darby) writes:

   In article <1991May14.194306.15689@demon.co.uk>, cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) writes:
   > In article <.673626643@dutepp0> etstjan@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Jantje van Oorschot) writes:
   > >
   > >The new version of The Beholder is available. We have done our best to
   >
   > 	Wonderful ... now, WTF is it?
   > 		Regards,
   > 			Cliff.

   I second the question.

It's a network monitor that talks SNMP.  It can either run stand-alone with
a video monitor, or you can hide one on each subnet in the equipment closet
and access it via SNMP.

   Also, is it possible to upload it to some BBS or something that is
   accessible via telephone?

Since it uses the packet drivers, I'll put it on Clarkson's BBS: (315)268-6667.
You may need to generate a break to get the right baud rate.

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
Clear cutting is criminal, spiking trees is criminal, and using hyperbole of

etstjan@dutepp13.et.tudelft.nl (Jan van Oorschot) (05/16/91)

Hi,

cliff@demon.co.uk (Cliff Stanford) writes:

>In article <.673626643@dutepp0> etstjan@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Jantje van Oorschot) writes:
>>
>>The new version of The Beholder is available. We have done our best to
>>repair all known bugs and implement a number of new features. Main new
>>items are:

>	Wonderful ... now, WTF is it?

	I am glad I am dutch, so know what WTF means, but I GvD hope it is
	not what I think it is.
	The Beholder is an ethernet monitor with SNMP support and
	build in TCP/IP stack.
	If you don't know what SNMP and TCP/IP is, join a 'rec...' group.

greetings   Jan

williams@DNS.NCTSW.NAVY.MIL (bob williams) (05/16/91)

    I got the following msg. from you
    How would I access the BBS & get the LAN magazine Network software?
     Thanks in advance for your help .

          Bob

    Date: 15 May 91 11:49:19 GMT
    From: "mark.k.darby" <att!cbnewsk!cbnewsj!mkd@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>
    Subject: Re: Beholder, New Version !!!!!
    Sender: pcip-request@udel.edu
    To: pcip@udel.edu

scottp@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Scott Platenberg) (05/21/91)

In article <9105151858.AA28203@dns.nctsw.navy.mil> williams@dns.nctsw.navy.mil writes:
>    I second the question.  Also, is it possible to upload it to some BBS or
>    something that is accessible via telephone?  Example:  I just recently
>    downloaded NetCure (NetMon,NetCapt) from LAN Magazine's BBS a few days
>    ago.  Could the new version of Beholder be put there, too?

Ok, now for the next question: are Beholder and NetCure available on any
mail servers out there (preferrably Clarkson)?

BITFTP doesn't work for me anymore, any info about other possible methods
are welcome, too.  Thanks in advance.

	|	   Scott Platenberg, NCR NPD-San Diego		|
	|	   9900 Old Grove Road, San Diego, CA		|
	|	 Scott.Platenberg@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.com	|
	|	VOICE: (619) 693-5714, VOICEplus: 442-5714	|
	|		    FAX: 619-693-5705			|