[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] arrow keys on pc not working when telneting via ka9q

opschk@GANGES.UCOP.EDU (05/23/91)

I tried telneting via ka9q to an ULTRIX workstation running the tcsh shell,
the arrow keys were not working, the telltc command gives most keys as empty.
I tried also telneting to VMS and also the arrow keys were not working.

Did anybody solve this problem ?

		Many Thanks in Advance,
		Camille Kayruzian, opschk@ganges.ucop.edu

kemp@convex.com (Phil Kemp) (05/23/91)

In <9105222231.AA15956@ganges.ucop.edu> opschk@GANGES.UCOP.EDU writes:

>I tried telneting via ka9q to an ULTRIX workstation running the tcsh shell,
>the arrow keys were not working, the telltc command gives most keys as empty.
>I tried also telneting to VMS and also the arrow keys were not working.

>Did anybody solve this problem ?

ka9q disables most of the non-character keys on the keyboard by
design( which includes disabling of the cursor and function keys ).
Furthermore it provides for no terminal emulation. You could get the
source and play around with the keyboard map. I have a related problem
that could be solved by ka9q providing for a specific terminal
emulation. I have heard rumors of work in this area but don't know
what the status is.

Not a great answer but that's the way it is.

By the way I think that ka9q is a great piece of software. Thanks Phil
and all the others who have worked on it!

--
Phil Kemp
CONVEX Computer of Canada Ltd.