[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Packet driver for Novell's ODI

eric@daccess.com (Eric Ashley) (05/30/91)

I'm looking for a packet driver similar in function to the BYU packet
driver/Novell shell set to interface directly to Novell's new Open Data-Link
Interface.  Does anyone know of one of these yet or of anyone working on one?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

skl@wimsey.bc.ca (Samuel Lam) (05/31/91)

In article <9105301512.AA00308@miavax.ir.miami.edu>, eric@daccess.com
 (Eric Ashley) wrote:
>I'm looking for a packet driver similar in function to the BYU packet
>driver/Novell shell set to interface directly to Novell's new Open Data-Link
>Interface.  Does anyone know of one of these yet or of anyone working on one?

Novell has a MLID which uses a packet driver underneath as
its "hardware".  This allows the Novell client software to
use a packet driver through ODI.  The packet driver is the
one that actually talks to the Ethernet card hardware in
this case.

...Sam
--
<skl@wimsey.bc.ca>

jbvb@FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen") (05/31/91)

    Novell has a MLID which uses a packet driver underneath as
    its "hardware"....

I know they said they were working on one, but have they actually released it?
If so, where did you get it?

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901