[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Public Domain Network Analyzers

Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) (05/31/91)

Are there any public domain network analyzers that run on PCs?
What FTP sites have the software?

Thanks,
Will Estes        Internet: Will@cup.portal.com
                  UUCP: apple!cup.portal.com!Will

In article <42799@cup.portal.com> Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) writes:

   Are there any public domain network analyzers that run on PCs?
   What FTP sites have the software?

Joe Doupnik's version of MIT's NETWATCH.

	netlab.usu.edu, 129.123.1.11, in directory
	[anonymous.netwatch]. It's a VMS machine so do cd [.netwatch]
	with the brackets and the dot.

--
--russ <nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu> I'm proud to be a humble Quaker.
Clear cutting is criminal, spiking trees is criminal, and using hyperbole of

alfred@dutepp0.et.tudelft.nl (Alfred Kayser) (06/03/91)

nelson@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
>In article <42799@cup.portal.com> Will@cup.portal.com (Will E Estes) writes:

>   Are there any public domain network analyzers that run on PCs?
>   What FTP sites have the software?

>Joe Doupnik's version of MIT's NETWATCH.
>	netlab.usu.edu, 129.123.1.11, in directory
>	[anonymous.netwatch]. It's a VMS machine so do cd [.netwatch]
>	with the brackets and the dot.

Then there is also a great package called 'The Beholder'. It supports
the packet drivers and SNMP to retrieve the data from the monitor and
send it to a network management station. Right there you could use
'The Sage' to retrieve the SNMP data. We're working at a packet
catcher for protocol sniffing. These can be retrieved from
'dutepp0@et.tudelft.nl' (130.161.144.65). That's a SUN machine so
ftp works as it should.
--
-- Ir. Alfred Kayser. PACS, OS/2, TCP/IP. --- Email: AKayser@et.tudelft.nl --