[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] netwatch and logged files

pasquale@sgl (Pasquale Leone) (06/06/91)

When logging incoming packets to a file using netwatch how
do I view the file. Its in some binary format. The source
for netwatch mentions a program called WATCH by John Leong but I
can't seem to find it.

Also the docs for netwatch claim that 8 selected bytes of the packets
can be displayed. How?

pasquale@sgl.ists.ca

jrd@cc.usu.edu (Joe R. Doupnik) (06/06/91)

In article <1991Jun5.190018.17082@ists.ists.ca>, pasquale@sgl (Pasquale Leone) writes:
> When logging incoming packets to a file using netwatch how
> do I view the file. Its in some binary format. The source
> for netwatch mentions a program called WATCH by John Leong but I
> can't seem to find it.
>
> Also the docs for netwatch claim that 8 selected bytes of the packets
> can be displayed. How?
>
> pasquale@sgl.ists.ca
	I have never had WATCH, mentioned above, so it's not part of the
Netwatch and PC/IP suite v9.6 that I distribute. Netwatch does display
the contents of the first few bytes of the data field of each packet.
The logged packets use 60 bytes (buffer space, time problems) and the log
file is a simple concatenation of the binary contents of received files.
	Joe D.