[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] need BOOTPD and /etc/bootptab for SunOS and FTP Version 2.05

ehrhart@etmsun.ericsson.se (Tim Ehrhart) (06/04/91)

Hello fellow IP'ers..

I am looking for the latest/greatest version of a BOOTP daemon
and a sample bootptab file that works with FTP's PC/TCP Version
2.05 software.

I scrounged up some bootpd code. One seems to be a 4.2 BSD version
and the other a 4.3 BSD version to be fired up out of /etc/inetd.conf.
It appears they don't expect to find the same "format" in the
bootptab they use. I can get the 4.2 bootpd to answer my PC request,
but it only seems to support ether->IP->name mappings in the bootptab
file. The 4.3 BSD bootptab file seems to support setting up almost
all options ~normally~ configured with ifconfig and ipconfig.

Can anyone straighten me out and get me flying right by:

1. Give me the scope on BOOTP versions and file formats.

2. Sending me the latest BOOTPD they've got running on a 4.3 BSD
   or SunOS box.

3. Send me a sample bootptab file for use with FTP's TCP/IP package.

Thanx much...

--
+ Tim Ehrhart                     EMAIL: ehrhart@ericsson.se  +
+ Ericsson Telecommunicatie BV    PHONE: +31 1612 29308       +

syrjanen@klaava.Helsinki.FI (Seppo Syrjanen) (06/06/91)

In <1991Jun4.155729.11631@ericsson.se> ehrhart@etmsun.ericsson.se (Tim Ehrhart) writes:

>I am looking for the latest/greatest version of a BOOTP daemon
>and a sample bootptab file that works with FTP's PC/TCP Version
>2.05 software.

Some bootp clients for PC/TCP 2.05 are broken. Contact your dealer for a
working one or use version 2.04 bootp.exe instead.

>+ Tim Ehrhart                     EMAIL: ehrhart@ericsson.se  +
>+ Ericsson Telecommunicatie BV    PHONE: +31 1612 29308       +
>+ Rijen, The Netherlands          FAX:   +31 1612 27160       +

  Seppo Syrjanen                      Internet : syrjanen@cc.Helsinki.FI
  Computing Centre                    BITNET   : syrjanen@finuha.bitnet
  University of Helsinki              Phone    : +358 0 708 4132
  Finland  "...well, cyborg's gotta do what cyborg's programmed to do..." -ABC