[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Where is BYU ?

charles@umbc4.umbc.edu (Charles) (06/07/91)

 I would appreciate if anyone knows how I can get to Brigham Young
University, in order to get their latest Novell files for packet drivers
and support for it. Sending mail does not work, it can't be delivered,
even though in some of their earlier docs it gives kelly@dcsprod.byu.edu
as a contact. I tried ftp too, and it times out. What's their new address?
If anyone has it, send it to me and I can post it for others' edification.
Or just post it here.
 Thanks for any assistance.

Charles Myers
charles@umbc4.umbc.edu

backman@FTP.COM (Larry Backman) (06/08/91)

 >>  I would appreciate if anyone knows how I can get to Brigham Young
 >> University, in order to get their latest Novell files for packet drivers
 >> and support for it. Sending mail does not work, it can't be delivered,
 >> even though in some of their earlier docs it gives kelly@dcsprod.byu.edu
 >> as a contact. I tried ftp too, and it times out. What's their new address?
 >> If anyone has it, send it to me and I can post it for others' edification.
 >> Or just post it here.
 >>  Thanks for any assistance.
 >>
 >> Charles Myers
 >> charles@umbc4.umbc.edu

Trying domain "ftp.com"
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=0
Trying null domain
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=2
The following answer is not authoritative:
dcsprod.byu.edu	2480 IN	CNAME	iss.byu.edu
iss.byu.edu	86380 IN	A	128.187.7.3
For authoritative answers, see:
BYU.EDU	172769 IN	NS	NOC.BYU.EDU
BYU.EDU	172769 IN	NS	CCNUCB.COLORADO.EDU
BYU.EDU	172769 IN	NS	ETNA.EE.BYU.EDU
Additional information:
NOC.BYU.EDU	172769 IN	A	128.187.7.2
CCNUCB.COLORADO.EDU	172769 IN	A	128.138.238.34
ETNA.EE.BYU.EDU	172769 IN	A	128.187.21.1
Trying domain "ftp.com"
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=0
Trying null domain
rcode = 0 (Success), ancount=1
The following answer is not authoritative:
iss.byu.edu	86379 IN	A	128.187.7.3
For authoritative answers, see:
BYU.EDU	172768 IN	NS	NOC.BYU.EDU
BYU.EDU	172768 IN	NS	CCNUCB.COLORADO.EDU
BYU.EDU	172768 IN	NS	ETNA.EE.BYU.EDU
Additional information:
NOC.BYU.EDU	172768 IN	A	128.187.7.2
CCNUCB.COLORADO.EDU	172768 IN	A	128.138.238.34
ETNA.EE.BYU.EDU	172768 IN	A	128.187.21.1

Alternatively; fly to Salt Lake City; take Rt 15 south 50 miles until you
come to provo.  Get off at Univerity Ave. in Provo & head east :-)

jrd@cc.usu.edu (Joe R. Doupnik) (06/09/91)

In article <1991Jun7.143353.8475@umbc3.umbc.edu>, charles@umbc4.umbc.edu (Charles) writes:

>  I would appreciate if anyone knows how I can get to Brigham Young
> University, in order to get their latest Novell files for packet drivers
> and support for it. Sending mail does not work, it can't be delivered,
> even though in some of their earlier docs it gives kelly@dcsprod.byu.edu
> as a contact. I tried ftp too, and it times out. What's their new address?
> If anyone has it, send it to me and I can post it for others' edification.
> Or just post it here.
>  Thanks for any assistance.
>
> Charles Myers
> charles@umbc4.umbc.edu
----------------------
	BYU?? Never heard of them!! (Says he at Utah State Univ.)
	If you are looking for the BYU additions to the IPX shell program,
and Packet Drivers, then there is no problem. The BYU shell components
are packaged in an archive typically named NOVELL.EXE. Copies of this
are commonly available via anonymous ftp, for example from netlab.usu.edu
129.123.1.11 in directory [anonymous.novell]. Packet Drivers are available
from sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Clarkson Univ) as files driver9_0.zip and
driver9_0s.zip (the latter has source code and binaries).
	Joe D.

elaps@lut.ac.uk (Alan Schwarzenberger) (06/10/91)

The one you want for ipx for packet drivers is

128.187.7.3
--
Yours,

Alan Schwarzenberger