    From: eric@daccess.com
    Date: Sat, 16 Feb 91 13:21:14 est
    Subject: Looking for packet drivers

    I am trying to locate packet drivers for the following cards:

            3c501, 3c503, 3c505, Novell NE-1000, NE-2000, WD8003E

    Any help in locating drivers for these cards would be greatly
    appreciated.  Also, do any of the public domain/shareware
    telnet/ftp applications support the NE-1000 and NE-2000?

    Thanks,
    Eric Ashley
    Data Access Corportion

All of the above mentioned drivers are in the Clarkson Collection of
Packet Drivers.  I have enclosed at the end of this letter a the file
from the collection that explains how to get them.  Also, any of the
pd/sw telnet/ftp programs that support the packet driver spec should
run over the Novell packet drivers.

Cris Shuldiner						Product Support
cws@ftp.com						FTP Software, Inc.
Ph: (617) 246-2920					Fax: (617) 245-7943

HOWTOGET.IT:

		The Clarkson packet driver collection

Availability

The Clarkson collection of packet drivers is available by FTP, by
archive-server, and by modem.  They come in two flavors -- executables
only (drivers.zip), and source+executables (driverss.zip).  All of the
following instructions apply to both drivers.zip and driverss.zip.

Mail:

I distribute the packet drivers on two 360K 5.25" disks, or a 720K
3.5" disk.  I charge a fee for the service of copying and mailing
these disks. You can send me a check for $20, or you can send me a
purchse order and I will bill you for $22.  NY residents add 7% sales
tax, overseas orders add $3 for shipping.  If you send a check,
please be sure it is in US dollars -- the bank charges me $15 to
convert checks drawn in foreign currencies.

	Russell Nelson
	11 Grant St.
	Potsdam, NY 13676

FTP:

sun.soe.clarkson.edu:/pub/ka9q/drivers.zip
grape.ecs.clarkson.edu:/pub/msdos/tcpip/drivers.zip

E-mail:

Send mail to archive-server@sun.soe.clarkson.edu and put the following
command as the body of your message:
	help
This will send you a help message.  Reading this help message will tell
you how to fetch the packet drivers.

Modem:

Call the Clarkson Heath User's Group's BBS: (315)268-6667, 8N1,
1200/2400 Baud, 24 hours.  You may need to press break, or simulate
it using several nulls.  Download pub/msdos/tcpip/drivers.zip.

X910@DMAFHT1.BITNET (Martin Rex) (06/12/91)

Hello to all on this list,

I've joined this list just two days ago, so I probably have missed a lot
of interesting things ...

Our school has internet access for some weeks now, and I was looking
for ways of access to the internet services with our equipment.
We are on BITNET with an IBM 4361 running VM/CMS, but this machine is
going to be sold next spring. It will be replaced by a network of PC's
using Novell Netware.

I have successfully installed the packet drivers on three machines
with 3Com Ethernet cards (3C523) and I can use the NCSA-Telnet (CUTCP)
package now, but I was not able to get it running on some other machines
that have these Ethernet cards:

  Memorex 386:    Western Digital: EtherCard PLUS/A

  IBM PS/2-80:    Schneider&Koch:  SK MCA

Does anybody know if there are packet drivers available for these Cards,
and where I can get them.

And here's another problem: How can we get the PC's under Novell to do
Internet E-Mail. We have one IBM PS/2 running AIX that can be used as
a Mail-Gateway.
What software is available and where can I get it / information about it.

Thanks,
-Martin Rex                   BITNET:  X910@DMAFHT1    (valid until 12/91)
                            Internet:  X910%DMAFHT1.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu
Fachhochschule fuer Technik  +---------------------------------------------
Mannheim, FRG                | "Try not to become a man of success, but
Student in Computer Science  |  rather try to become a man of value"   -AE
Martin Rex / Berlinerstr. 5 / 6902 Sandhausen / FRG / 0049 +6224 +4024