[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Screen to printer in CUTCP?

mosemann@sardion.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) (06/26/91)

   Is there some way to get/direct the screen to the printer in telnet
from CUTCP?  I suppose a person could always save to a capture file and
then somehow send the file to the printer.  Is there a way to print the
screen to the printer or echo the screen to the printer?  Any pointers
will be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
Russell Mosemann - Network Analyst     Internet:  mosemann@unl.edu
Computing Resource Center (29 WSEC)    Bitnet:   mosemann@unlvax1

dahlstr@hus.chalmers.se (Gunnar Dahlstrom) (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.201636.2770@unlinfo.unl.edu> mosemann@unl.edu writes:

>   Is there some way to get/direct the screen to the printer in telnet
>from CUTCP?  I suppose a person could always save to a capture file and
>then somehow send the file to the printer.  Is there a way to print the
>screen to the printer or echo the screen to the printer?  Any pointers
>will be appreciated.  Thanks.

You can use the capture to file function, but change the filename to PRN
or LPTx or COMx.

This works with the latest NCSA Telnet so i should work with CUTCP.

// Gunnar

				Gunnar Dahlstrom
			Chalmers University of Technology
			    Div. Building Technology
			   412 96 Gothenburg,  Sweden
			E-Mail:  dahlstr@hus.chalmers.se
			  or	 dahlstr@htpc2.hus.chalmers.se

gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu (06/26/91)

In article <1991Jun25.201636.2770@unlinfo.unl.edu>, mosemann@sardion.unl.edu (Russell Mosemann) writes:
>   Is there some way to get/direct the screen to the printer in telnet
>from CUTCP?  I suppose a person could always save to a capture file and
>then somehow send the file to the printer.  Is there a way to print the
>screen to the printer or echo the screen to the printer?  Any pointers
>will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Easily done.

ALT-P should get you to the Parameter Menu.  Go to the "Capture File Name"
item, and change the capture file name to PRN.

If you want to make it permanent, go into config.tel and enter this line:

	capfile=PRN

There may be an existing capfile definition, so be sure to find it and modify
it if it exists.

CUTCP is smart enough that the VT100 printer control codes will open and
close the capture file.  We use it here to provide "local" printing to
a printer attached to a user's PC.

---
Jim Gaynor - AgVAX System Manager - Academic Computing - Ohio State University
VMS:<gaynor@agvax2.ag.ohio-state.edu>  UNIX:<gaynor@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Disclaimer : All opinions expressed here are mine and only mine.  So there!
Witty Quote: "Shoot him now!  Shoot him now!" - Daffy Duck, "Rabbit Seasonings"