[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Network backups

qoffice@nixeid.UUCP (Qofiice Software) (06/25/91)

Posting the following for a colleague.......

To:	Anyone out there

	I am currently looking for a TCP/IP based software package that
	performs unattended, command line or batch mode file transfer.
	It is to be UNIX based (SCO pref.), but can be used with MS-DOS
	FTP. PC TCP/IP. Of course, thats the ideal, but I'd be willing to
	know of anything that even remotely comes near this. The option of
	stitching together an ftp based solution is too awful to
	contemplate, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Something
	akin to Legato Networker (no plugs please) would be nice.

	If no such product exists, then why not, and will it ever, and if
	it does, then I'll take it.

	Thanks in advance,

					Gary Smyth,
					Siemens Nixdorf Ireland

dale@interlan.Interlan.COM (Dale B) (06/26/91)

In article <83@nixeid.UUCP> qoffice@nixeid.UUCP (Qofiice Software) writes:
>Posting the following for a colleague.......
>

>To:	Anyone out there
>

>	I am currently looking for a TCP/IP based software package that
>	performs unattended, command line or batch mode file transfer.
>	It is to be UNIX based (SCO pref.), but can be used with MS-DOS
>	FTP. PC TCP/IP. Of course, thats the ideal, but I'd be willing to
>	know of anything that even remotely comes near this. The option of
>	stitching together an ftp based solution is too awful to
>	contemplate, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. Something
>	akin to Legato Networker (no plugs please) would be nice.
>
>	If no such product exists, then why not, and will it ever, and if
>	it does, then I'll take it.
>
>	Thanks in advance,
>
>					Gary Smyth,
>					Siemens Nixdorf Ireland

Sorry for having to post a reply, but I have yet to figure out how to email to
UUCP domains, tried everything I could think of and the message just kept
bouncing back, I don't even think it left the machine.

Anyway...
For software that's 'in the works' check with Workstation Solutions in Nashua,
New Hampshire (USA).  Sorry, I don't have their address but their phone number
is (603)880-0080.  A fellow by the name of Jim Ward heads the company.  Also,
could you drop me an email giving a quick sumary of what you find, after you
think you have everything in?  I'm interested in what's out there also.

Dale - dale@interlan.interlan.com