[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Problem with Popmail client.

cnolan@mee.tcd.ie (06/26/91)

Has anybody successfully used PC/Popmail V2.1.0 from Uni. Minnesota?  I am
using it with the pop2d from UC Davis which I got from vax.ftp.com.

Popmail makes contact with the server but dies when it does the HELO command.
The username/password appear to be wrong.

Any suggestions for other PC based Popmail clients.

Conor Nolan	cnolan@mee.tcd.ie

Dept.  Microelectronics.
Trinity College.
Dublin.
IRELAND.

cnolan@mee.tcd.ie (06/27/91)

In article <1991Jun26.133131.1@mee.tcd.ie>, cnolan@mee.tcd.ie writes:
> Has anybody successfully used PC/Popmail V2.1.0 from Uni. Minnesota?  I am
> using it with the pop2d from UC Davis which I got from vax.ftp.com.
>
> Popmail makes contact with the server but dies when it does the HELO command.
> The username/password appear to be wrong.
>
> Any suggestions for other PC based Popmail clients.

Thanks to the replies that I received on this.
For those who wish to know here's what I did. I changed the POP server to one
I got from boombox.micro.umn.edu; pub/unix/popd.c.  I also changed to a newer
Popmail; from V2.1 to V2.2beta3, everything works fine now.
I have subsequently changed to a POP3 server, popper, which can be found just
anywhere.  This also works.

Conor Nolan