From: halff@nprdc.arpa (Henry Halff)
Subject: loss of environment

Whenever I exit Hypercard via say a print command, I find that the entire
environment, local variables, etc. is gone when I return.  How do people
normally deal with this problem?

-----------------------------------
From: PUGH@NMFECC.ARPA
Subject: DoMenu and FunctionKeys

Here is a simple script to add to your Home stack that is very handy for
dealing with the Help pages:

on doMenu x
  if x is "Help" then
    go to card "HyperTalk" of stack "Help"
  else
    pass doMenu
  end if
end doMenu

Here's another one that works with the extendend keyboard (USS Saratoga):

On functionkey whatkey
  if whatkey is 1 then
    type "z" with CommandKey	-- undo!
  else if whatkey is 2 then
    type "x" with CommandKey	-- cut!
  else if whatkey is 3 then
    type "c" with CommandKey	-- copy!
  else if whatkey is 4 then
    type "v" with CommandKey	-- paste!  Like they say!
  else if whatkey is 5 then
    choose browse tool		-- browse
  else if whatkey is 6 then
    choose button tool		-- button
  else if whatkey is 7 then
    choose field tool		-- field!  Without a menu!
  else if whatkey is 8 then
    type "x" with commandkey  -- Cut whatever is seleted
    domenu "background"       -- enter the background
    type "v" with commandkey  -- Paste it
    domenu "background"       -- leave the background
  end if
end functionkey

-----------------------------------
From: TN07@TE.CC.CMU.EDU
Subject: Hyper Card Requests

Now that I have the horsepower I would like to have Hypercard running all of
of the time under MutiFinder. But, Hpercard doesn't have a size box or zoom box
so it takes up too much real estate on my Mac II screen. Is there any way I
can hide the Hypercard window and recall it quickly?

Now for a wish stack; I would like to see a stack that would read the directory
of a floppy and then write the files to a card. Of course it should not write
out system file names. Autonumbering of the card and some user defined text
id would also be nice. Any Hyper Hackers ready to take it on?

-----------------------------------
From: Gregg Foster <Foster.PA@Xerox.COM>
Subject: Attaching new icons to Stacks?

In Goodman's "Hypercard Handbook" he makes a vague reference to
attaching new icons to stacks that one plans to distribute.  How is this
done?  I'd like to both alter existing icons and add new icons that I
design.  Presumably one uses ResEdit, but what is the recipe?  And while
I'm asking: how about iconifying snippets of clip art?  Thanks.

-----------------------------------
From: PUGH@NMFECC.ARPA
Subject: Copy Card is really Card & Background!

Does anyone know how to delete a background from a card or do I have to
rebuild the entire card to eliminate the spurious background?

I copied a card from a different stack, but it brought the card's background
with it.  I do not want the background, merely the card and it's fields and
buttons.

End of HYPER-HACKERS Digest
---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ