[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] A question about Hypercard from someone else

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (11/03/87)

In article <2781@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> engst@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (Adam C. Engst) writes:
> massively popular.  But I don't see how it could handle a story very well.
> I might be wrong, but there don't seem to be ways of linking and
> manipulating text built in.  Am I missing something?  Has someone already
> written an interactive fiction stack?  I know they have written adventure

"Inigo Gets Out" is kind of interactive fiction, but it's totally graphical.
Hypercard is definitely week on the HyperText side, although I suspect (hope?)
it will be fixed in the future.  I think you could do a reasonable job of
interactive fiction though, particularly once you customized a few buttons
to help you set things up (like easily built dialogs and the like).

                                              -nazgul
--
### {mit-erl,yale,uw-beaver}!apollo!nazgul  ### apollo!nazgul@eddie.mit.edu ###
### pro-angmar!nazgul@pro-sol.cts.com       ### nazgul@apollo.com           ###