[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Dial with non-Hayes modem?

suhler@im4u.UUCP (Paul A. Suhler) (11/05/87)

Now that more people have more experience with HyperCard, I'll ask
this again.

Is it possible to make the "dial with modem" command use an arbitrary
command prefix, not the "ATSO=" that Hayes-compatibles like?  My
Novation SmartCat wants a %d <number>, although it can be commanded
to change the excape character from '%' to anything else.  So far
I haven't been able to get it to accept anything from HyperCard and
I haven't found anyone who either has tried or knows.

Thanks.  I'll post a summary of responses if there's interest.
--
Paul Suhler        suhler@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU	512-474-9517/471-3903

nazgul@apollo.uucp (Kee Hinckley) (11/07/87)

In article <2390@im4u.UUCP> suhler@im4u.UUCP (Paul A. Suhler) writes:
> Now that more people have more experience with HyperCard, I'll ask
> this again.
>
> Is it possible to make the "dial with modem" command use an arbitrary
> command prefix, not the "ATSO=" that Hayes-compatibles like?  My
> Novation SmartCat wants a %d <number>, although it can be commanded
> to change the excape character from '%' to anything else.  So far
> I haven't been able to get it to accept anything from HyperCard and
> I haven't found anyone who either has tried or knows.
>
> Thanks.  I'll post a summary of responses if there's interest.
> --
> Paul Suhler        suhler@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU	512-474-9517/471-3903

The APDA HyperCard Technical stuff includes XCMDs that directly control
the serial port.  Other than those I don't know of any way to do it.

                                                -nazgul

P.S.  They also include drivers for a number of different CD-ROM systems!
--
### {mit-erl,yale,uw-beaver}!apollo!nazgul  ### apollo!nazgul@eddie.mit.edu ###
### pro-angmar!nazgul@pro-sol.cts.com       ### nazgul@apollo.com           ###

beloin@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Ron Beloin) (11/08/87)

In article <385209df.b0a1@apollo.uucp> nazgul@apollo.UUCP (Kee Hinckley) writes:
>In article <2390@im4u.UUCP> suhler@im4u.UUCP (Paul A. Suhler) writes:
>> Is it possible to make the "dial with modem" command use an arbitrary
>> command prefix, not the "ATSO=" that Hayes-compatibles like?  My

If I recall, the dial with modem command could take an optional modem
string that replaces the default string.
I just looked it up in Goodman-
some exammples are dial xxx-xxxx with modem "ATDP" (pulse dial)
                 dial msg with modem "ATDTS7=1LO"
etc.
this is also in the help stack.
--ron