[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] HyperCard interface

cs162fed@sdcc18.ucsd.EDU (Grobbins) (11/24/87)

In article <7469@eddie.MIT.EDU> zrm@eddie.MIT.EDU (Zigurd R. Mednieks) writes:
>The issue of cohesiveness is simply a red herring. As long as
>Hypercard stacks are easy and obvious in their user interface, they
>have fulfilled the user interface contract.

Perhaps.  But Mac applications which don't use the toolbox are
laughed off the market.  What is there to ensure that stacks
have reasonable interfaces?

>Things will have to change simply because the Macintosh is too bound to
>today's technology to last for more than 5-6 more years before a
>compellingly superior user interface is possible at a reasonable
>price.

I hope so.  I do think that HyperCard has abandoned the Mac interface
without offering a good alternative.

Grobbins       grobbins%marduk@sdcsvax.ucsd.edu
	       ..sdcsvax!sdemlab!grobbins