[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Danny Goodman in "Computer Currents"

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (11/23/87)

If you can find a copy, the latest Computer Currents has an interview with
Danny Goodman (The Complete Hypercard handbook). Among other things, he said:

o That Atkinson considers Hypercard about 2/3 done.

o That he's working on a book that'll be a sequel to Complete Hypercard that
	will be specifically about HyperTalk (yay!)

o That the next release of Hypercard will allow multiple cards on a large
	screen (to me, this implies a LOT. My guess is the initial release
	favored the graphic side of the program, and the next release will
	have lots of the missing text and hypertext functionality).

chuq
---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ

john@felix.UUCP (John Gilbert) (11/25/87)

In article <34559@sun.uucp> chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:

>o That the next release of Hypercard will allow multiple cards on a large
>	screen (to me, this implies a LOT. My guess is the initial release
>	favored the graphic side of the program, and the next release will
>	have lots of the missing text and hypertext functionality).

Speaking of the "next release", does anyone know how distribution will be
handled, and what it is likely to cost?  Will we just have to buy it again?
Also, anyone know when we are likely to see it?

John Gilbert

--
John Gilbert
!trwrb!felix!john

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (12/15/87)

>Speaking of the "next release", does anyone know how distribution will be
>handled, and what it is likely to cost?  Will we just have to buy it again?
>Also, anyone know when we are likely to see it?

 The next Hypercard will likely be announced at MacExpo
 in San Francisco, and will be a significant enhancement. Rumors have
 that it will include:

        o CD-ROM support, including introduction of a CD-ROM player
          from Apple and some supporting Databases from microsoft,
          perhaps others

        o significantly enhanced text, including being able to attach
          buttons to words and text (the true hyper-text requirement
          that is really missing)

        o the international & language support currently missing.

 It is too early to tell what upgrade procedures will look like, but I'll
 bet something similar to the new "system release" setup that they're using
 for System&Finder will be used, since the traditional "get a free copy from
 your authorized dealer" never worked well. Hopefully it'll also be
 available through users groups and on-line services.

chuq
---
Chuq "Fixed in 4.0" Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM	Delphi: CHUQ