[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Sales of THE COMPLETE HYPERCARD HANDBOOK

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (12/15/87)

In article <36317@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.uucp (Chuq Von Rospach; Lord of the OtherRealms) writes:
>(Bantam has said, by the way, that 100,000 copies of that thing have
>been sold -- SOMEONE is using HyperCard!)

To give you an idea of how well it sells, I saw it at Costco, one of those
warehouse stores, the other day.  Costco sells very few books -- only the
ones which can be expected to sell like crazy.  Apparently Goodman's book
is.

                       "By an inevitable chain of causes and effects,
                        Providence punishes national sins by national
                        calamities."
                                    -- George Mason

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...

kurtzman@pollux.usc.edu (Stephen Kurtzman) (12/15/87)

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:

>To give you an idea of how well it sells, I saw it at Costco, one of those
>warehouse stores, the other day.  Costco sells very few books -- only the
>ones which can be expected to sell like crazy.  Apparently Goodman's book
>is.

I wonder about the Bantam figure. When the book started to hit the market
it was hard to find a copy. Now, it is everywhere. Two B. Dalton software
stores near me always seem to have at least 20 or so copies on display. I
would guess that the Bantam figure includes the copies that are sitting in
bookstore inventories.

hyperbug@apple.UUCP (Keith Rollin) (12/16/87)

In article <2484@fluke.COM> moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>In article <36317@sun.uucp> chuq@sun.uucp (Chuq Von Rospach; Lord of the OtherRealms) writes:
>>(Bantam has said, by the way, that 100,000 copies of that thing have
>>been sold -- SOMEONE is using HyperCard!)
>
>To give you an idea of how well it sells, I saw it at Costco, one of those
>warehouse stores, the other day.  Costco sells very few books -- only the
>ones which can be expected to sell like crazy.  Apparently Goodman's book
>is.

Someone around here saw those, also. He says that they run only $17!!!

--

Apple's HyperCard Grievance Center
"Give us your bugs, your comments, your gentle criticisms..."

UUCP:  {pyramid!sun,voder,nsc,ucbvax!mtxinu,dual,decwrl,amdahl}!apple!hyperbug