[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] Merging Different Stacks?

stephena@microsoft.UUCP (Stephen Arrants 3/1011) (01/06/88)

Anyone have an easy way to merge stacks without copying each card
over individually?  A collegue here would like to do this without
spending an entire afternoon doing it.

thanks

--
Steve Arrants				...!uw-beaver!microsoft!stephena
UserEd/APPS				Microsoft Corp.

isle@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Ken Hancock) (01/10/88)

In article <1040@microsoft.UUCP> stephena@microsoft.UUCP (Steve Arrants - UserEd APPS - 3.1151) writes:
>Anyone have an easy way to merge stacks without copying each card
>over individually?  A collegue here would like to do this without
>spending an entire afternoon doing it.

Best way to do it is to write a script.  That way, whereas it might take
the entire afternoon, he doesn't have to do it.  Just do something like:

screenlock true  (forget if that's the command format)
put 1 into counter (or starting card #)
repeat (# cards in stack2)
  open stack 2
  go to card counter
  domenu Copy Card
  open stack 1
  go to last card
  domenu Paste Card
  add 1 to counter
end repeat

That's a rough sketch, but I'm sure you can get the picture from that.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock      UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
               BITNET: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

DISCLAIMER: If people weren't so sue-happy, I wouldn't need one!