From: Jakob Nielsen  Tech Univ of Denmark <DATJN@NEUVM1.Bitnet>
Subject:      Size of HyperTalk programs
Date:         Wed, 13 Jan 88 12:03:46 DNT

I just finished developing a small application in HyperCard for a
client in the financial services sector. The HyperTalk program that
controls it is about 780 lines long (the sum of all the scripts (stack,
card, button, etc.)).

I got this number by using one of the stackware to textfile convertes -
it seems to me that even with this fairly small program size it is nice
to have a combined printout of the entire program.

It might be interesting to know how long HyperTalk programs people are
actually developing. Knowing so would e.g. impact what tools needed to
be available.  If you send me a message with sizes of your typical
programs, I will summarize to the list.

-----------------------------------
From: science (Mark Zimmermann)
Subject: HyperCard XFCN for displaying pictures?

Can anybody point me to an XFCN or XCMD that I could use to display a
bitmap or PICT or other visual object in a window larger than the standard
HyperCard card?  I would like to have a button which, when clicked,
popped up a BIG picture which would go away when another click (or some
such event) occurred...would let me add scanned-in visual images to some
stacks.  I suppose the picture could be stored as a resource in the stack;
perhaps the XFCN to open the window and show the picture could take as
arguments things like the picture number, the corners of the window to
pop up, etc.
Seems to me that such an XFCN might be pretty simple to write for somebody
experienced in handling pictures ... has it already been done?
End of HYPER-HACKERS Digest