[comp.sys.mac.hypercard] How do I change a resource number?

ephraim@think.COM (ephraim vishniac) (01/27/88)

In article <731@bucket.UUCP> martyl@bucket.UUCP (Marty Lee) writes:
>I've been hacking around with resedit and have come on this problem
>several times now.  When transfering XCMDs from one hypercard
>stack to another (Could be any application.) sometimes
>the resource "0" (Could be any number.) is already there and
>placing the new resource into the new stack will overwrite
>the old one.

>Is there a way from resedit to rename or renumber the resources?

Yes.

>Or does the code need to be recompiled?

No.

>Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Here it is: To rename a resource, renumber a resource, or change any
of its attributes, use the Get Info feature.  *Select* the resource in
question by clicking on it *once* (don't open it by clicking on it
twice), and choose Get Info (command-I) to open a dialog which lets
you edit all of these things.  It even has special features to help
you set resource numbers for owned resources.  (Not applicable here,
but a big help for people who write DA's.)  Get Info can also be used
to view and edit the attributes of folders and files.

>tektronix!reed!omen!bucket!martyl  (Marty Lee)

Ephraim Vishniac					  ephraim@think.com
Thinking Machines Corporation / 245 First Street / Cambridge, MA 02142-1214